Breaking Dawn 4

Breaking Dawn 4

Leah hated vampires. They were cold, dangerous, and they smelled funny. The entire Cullen clan had made it to the top of Leah's shit list as soon as she heard that they were the reason Winny would be dead... Undead... in less than a year. Of course Leah was less than please with Bella, as well, being the entire reason her sister was in the mess to begin with, but Leah couldn't kill Bella while the girl was still human.

Sitting outside, as far away from the Cullen stink as possible while still being able to keep an eye on what was happening inside, Leah imagined that at the moment she hated everyone in the house other than Winny and her brother. Jake was love sick, and the vampires were dead. Her natural enemies. Leah was silent as she watched the blonde woman- the one Jake had so affectionately named Blondie- leave Bella's side for the first time in what seemed like ages and go talk to Winny. Seth, who wasn't too far away from his sister, helpfully supplied her with what the two were saying.

"You haven't been sleeping," Blondie told Winny, watching the younger girl with what Leah could almost mistake as concern. "And Bella is just about draining you dry."

Leah's eyes focused on the bandage on Winny's arm and her lips curled back. By the second it was making it easier and easier for Leah to hate Winny's sister. Leah watched at Winny's hand moved to cover her bandaged wrist and she shrugged.

"Dad would be heartbroken if anything happened to Bella," she said softly. "Besides you already love the baby. I'm doing it for you too."

Leah watched as Blondie's perfect face twisted into horror as she heard what Winny had said. At least Leah had to admit go herself that someone in the house cared about the youngest Swan girl.