Breaking Dawn 2

Breaking Dawn 2

"Oh, Bella!" Renee cooed almost before she had fully entered the room where Alice and Winny were reassuring Bella of her future. Alice was there for moral support and Winny was there to show Bella that not all women at the wedding would look like walking magazine covers. Which was very reassuring. "Oh, honey, you're so beautiful! Oh, I'm going to cry! Alice, you're amazing! You and Esme should go into business as wedding planners. Where did you find this dress? It's gorgeous! So graceful, so elegant. Bella, you look like you just stepped out of an Austen movie."

Renee had yet to realize that Winny as also there, and Winny shrunk back into the shadows to try to keep it that way.

"Such a creative idea, designing the theme around Bella's ring. So romantic! To think it's been in Edward's family since the eighteen hundreds! Bella, really honey you look-" her voice cut off sharply as she finally noticed the small, silk clad elephant in the room. "Winny darling, you're here."

Even Alice, who was surfing on the high of the wedding, caught on to the fact that Renee was not at all pleased with that fact.

"Would you be a doll and go get me a drink?" Renee requested in a way that wasn't really a request. It was more of a demand. "I want to spend some alone time with my daughter and besides that I'm absolutely parched."

Winny nodded silently, rose gracefully to her feet in the ballerina flats Bella was so jealous of, and escaped the room sliding past her father on the way. No one made any mention of the fact that Alice was not asked to leave. 

Behind her, as she disappeared down the stairs, Winny heard her father clear his throat uncomfortably, then she was too far to hear anything and she ducked into the Cullen's previously unused kitchen where Rosalie was also hiding.

"Hey, Rose," Winny smiled, trying to put on a happy face for her sister's big day. Back in the room she had just come from, Winny knew Bella was getting her first look at grandma Swan's paste hair combs. It had been a long ago fantasy of Winny's that she would one day where her grandmother's combs as she walked confidently down the aisle, clinging to her father's arm so she didn't burst from her excitement.

Winny hadn't been jealous when her sister got engaged to Edward, she hadn't been jealous when Bella had gotten the truck Winny had put so much work into, or when she lost all of her friends so her sister could be happy. Winny had never felt anything negative about her sister, no matter what Bella had put her through, until her father had admitted to her that Renee wanted Charlie to give Bella his mother's combs. And only then because she knew that Bella would keep them as a pretense for the children she would never have, and they would be stored away into some box. Winny had only then realized that her dream wedding would never happen. She would be turned into a vampire after school, if she ever fell in love it would be to a vampire, and her father probably wouldn't make it to see her wedding. Winny would be walking the aisle alone, towards a future where she would outlive her children, and her sister would have their grandmother's combs stored away in a box in an attic. It had all been very morbid and depressing, putting Winny out of the wedding mood.

Rosalie, who had been entirely sympathetic about the entire thing when Winny had poured her heart out over some frozen Yogurt and chocolate milk, smiled back. Neither one of their smiles looked convincing.