Eclipse 4

Eclipse 4

"You told me to call you if anything happened," Winny said hesitantly, watching the ocean as it churned.

"I did," Aro's soft voice was on the other end and for some reason, just hearing it made Winny relax.

"Edward caught the scent of a strange vampire in my room, and Alice thinks some things that would hold a strong scent are missing." Winny didn't mention that the things missing belonged to her sister. "The Cullens think that the killings and disappearances in Seattle are someone making an army of newborns... Like the ones from the Civil War. They're headed towards Forks and my dad and I are probably in danger."

There was a beat of silence.

"Why don't you take the trip you were planning in the next week. I can send Felix, Jane and Demetri to protect your father from the newborns and you can grow accustomed to Vultura and test your Italian."

There was another beat of silence while Winny thought. The waves continued to beat against the rocky beach and if she listened, she could hear Sam and the Pack's laughter as they played tackle football further down the beach. It was all very calming.

"If I come back and my father is in anything less than the condition I left him in, then the deal is off. You don't get me when I graduate and whatever power you think I'll have will be lost to you." Winny says finally and she can hear Aro sigh on the other end of the line.

"Of course, dear one. No one with us would dare hurt your father," he assures. "Do you know when you will be coming?"

Winny sighs.

"Expect me in no more than a week. I will call when I know further." Then she ends the call and slides the shiny silver Volturi phone into her pocket and resumes watching the sea.