Epilogue

EPILOGUE

"How come Winny can go barefoot and I couldn't? Bella demanded and she, Alice, and Rosalie sat around putting together last minute details for the youngest Swan's wedding. It had been so long since either Bella or Alice had seen Winny, Rose took trips biannually to see Winny in Italy, and Renesmee was nearly grown now. As was Rosalie's daughter Vera (Vera's full name was Winifred Vera McCarty but when the entire family got together, Winny included, it began to get confusing).

"I mean I was a notoriously clumsy human and Winny is not only the picture of grace , but a vampire." Bella's bitter statement was actually quite true. As it had her sister, immortality became Winny beautifully and the splendor that Aro showered her in only made the change that more obvious. Last time Charlie had been around and showed Bella a picture of Winny, her sister had been beautiful on the beach with her arms wrapped around Felix and Aro, both of whom she had convinced to pop in brown contacts.

"Winny wants a night time beach wedding in Italy. For her venue it would be stupid to try to put her in shoes because the sand would ruin them. Your wedding was behind the house and you had a solid aisle to walk on," Alice answered instantly, having heard Bella's same complaint three times already.

The tall brunette sighed and leaned back against her chair. Clearly she was unhappy with the development, not only was her sister immortal but she was also clearly happy in all the pictures Charlie and Rosalie showed Bella. To Bella, it wasn't fair that Winny had all that and more without a fight at all, and Bella had needed to work for everything she had.

So the planning continued in silence.

*********

"Aunt Winny!" Two young voices called out happily as Winny stepped off the plane, Felix right behind her. Winny was instantly able to see Renesmee and Vera darting across the tarmac towards her so she flew down the rest of the stairs and held her arms open for her nieces to run into.

"Hello pretties," Winny cooed as she folded the both of them into her arms for a bear hug that would put one of Emmett's to shame. When she pulled back, "Goodness you're both taller than I am now!"

Renesmee and Vera giggled at the development and Winny's grin got even bigger at the scent of her three favorite wolves.

Out of the shadows of another plane, the same shadow Vera and Nessie had leapt from earlier, Seth, Embry, and Jacob all emerged.

"Boys!" Winny cooed and the girls in her arms were only too happy to involve the three pack members into their group hug. "I haven't seen you in years! None of you have aged a day!"

Felix watched from the door of the plane as the future Volturi leader spoke to her friends like they hadn't just gotten done talking about her role change after her wedding.

*********

"Daddy!" Winny ran at her aging father and stepmother at a very human pace. "Sue!"

Behind her, Renesmee and Vera only giggled as they watched their favorite aunt (not that either of them would admit their favoritism to the vampire women back at their house) take her father and surrogate mother up into a hug just like the one she had taken them into last night. Sue looked ecstatic, not letting Winny's frozen skin faze her, and Charlie looked unbelievably awkward. Winny had been gone for years, and Bella sure hadn't been giving her father any affection.

"I missed you both so much!" Winny's eyes shone with happy tears that wouldn't fall as she pulled away and gave her father some room to breath again. "How are you both?"

Charlie gave his daughter, who he hadn't seen since she last flew out to be a bridesmaid at his wedding to Sue, a happy grin. Sue was practically beaming at the girl who had only gotten more beautiful since the last time Sue had seen her. Winny's eyes had settled into a honey gold color long ago, but just like she had last time, both Winny and her Volturi companion were wearing colored contacts. They both were displaying pairs of beautiful calf brown eyes, a color that was a close match to what Winny had before.