Skipping Gym Part 4 ( Craig x Tweek)

Craig POV:

Its been a few days since I saw him. Maybe even a week...
The nurse called the doctor right after he passed out again and they sent him to the hospital, he had two burst eardrums, bruising and a concussion.
I spent a long time going over the scenario in my mind, always coming to the same conclusion...had I had the balls...

It was something I could have prevented from happening.

Life went on as normal without him, nobody seemed to care about the twitchy blonde who hadn't come to school in days, nobody except me.
Typical.
Nobody ever made an effort to know him, except maybe Butters.

You can imagine my relief when he showed up the next day in class timidly keeping his eyes lowered and his arms tightly around his books.
Butters was the first to greet him having suffered at Cartman's hands for years he knew what it was like to end up in the ER.
" hey dude, how ya feeling?"
Tweek smiled at him shyly and sat down, butters sat next to him and they talked quietly together.

I glance over at them a few times and sigh , still mad at myself for not having the balls to act. Things will be different now. I promised myself that.

Cartman wobbled into the classroom, he eyed Tweek and my heart pounds.

" well looky here, look who's come back to school!" Tweek shook looking down at the desk as butters whispered to him quickly.

He casually walked over, the eyes of the class watching him go, some looked nervous. Others enjoyed watching him torment people.

"What's the matter twitchy they couldn't fix that spazzy jumpy shit in the hospital? " he pushed butters aside knocking him off his chair and grabbed Tweek's shirt pulling him up.

In the same motion Craig jumped to his feet and yelled slamming his fists on the table " fucking stop it!"

Everyone's eyes turned to him including Tweek's.
He stared Cartman down " He's mine!"
Cartman raised an eyebrow " I didn't know you 'claimed' him" he pulled Tweek who flinched and stumbled over to Craig dropping him into Craig's desk.
Cartman grinned " you fuck him up then"
Tweek shook looking up at Craig tears forming in his eyes, Craig went pale and thought quickly. He grabbed Tweek's arm yanking him out of the class with him and down the hallway people making death threats the entire way.

Tweek flinched waiting for the beating, he shivered lightly and jumped at Craig's touch.
Craig sighed looking around making sure they were alone "sorry...that was all I could think of to get you out of there. "

Tweek blinked " Wh-hat? You're not g-g-gonna hit me?" He held his arms  confused. Still afraid it was a trick. He Watched Craig's expressions carefully, biting his lip.

Craig shook his head " never idiot, I'm not like that."
Tweek was stunned silent. A slight tint of pink appearing in his cheeks.

Craig reached for Tweek's arm, he jumped but he caught it. Then he lined his fingers along the bruising, it had an oddly calming effect
" I'm ...really sorry..."

Tweek didn't know what to say...
Why was Craig sorry?
Why was he holding his arm like this?
Was he about to break it?
Is this some horrible joke?

Maybe not...

Cartman was the one doing the punching around here.

Tweek felt a wave of ease cone over him.

He began with a grin that spread into a smile. It was a small gesture of hope that Craig wouldn't hurt him.

Craig smiled back at him and blushed.

"I...I won't let them hurt you anymore, okay?"

Tweek blushed and nodded sniffling through his smile, without thinking he found himself stepping closer to him, there it was.
That smell of cologne.
Tweeks mouth opened as he realised who helped him, he mumbled " -I...i... How do..I ..say..."

Craig put his hands on Tweek's arms grabbing him quickly  steadying him as he tripped up in a twitch.

They stood only a half foot from each other now, their faces reddening.
Craig's eyes narrowed confused at the feeling in his stomach, butterflies swirling around.

They stared at each other almost in total silence. For what seemed like eternity...until...

DING!!!!!!!DING!!!!!!!!DING!!!!!!

The bell rang , making them both jump and let go of each other sharing a worried and confused look as they nervously fumbled around.

People filed into the hallway.
Craig's eyes widened in confusion and fear. He rubbed his neck with a gulp fixing his hat as Tweek tugged at his shirt staring back between the heads passing by them.

They went separate ways fast.