The pain in her words

~Jughead's POV~

I drew in a deep breath, savouring every moment. I cradled her softly in my arms as she cried gently into my shoulder. Then her warmth was gone and before I knew it or even had time to react I was forced backwards by a force I never knew she wielded. Betty had shoved me out the door. Her warmth she had given me briefly faded from my skin but it will never fade from my soul, she had permanently stamped 'PROPERTY OF BETTY COOPER' on my soul. No matter how much she pushes me away I will find my way back to her. I can't give up.

My thoughts trailed off as I caught my reflection staring back at me in the glass of her door. God I looked awful. Pink marks streaked down my face with the slight residue of the tears I had cried the past few days yearning for her. I didn't know what I had done to hurt her. I wished she would let me in. I suppose wishes don't come true.

I trudged lazily back to the barren land surrounding my trailer and sat on the steps that lead up to the place I called home. I was all cried out. I never would've thought a girl especially that of betty coopers perfection would be my downfall but yet my sorrows were ever so evidently portrayed by my disheartened features, put on show for all the world to see.

I snuffled slightly and rubbed the tip of my thumb against my nose before standing on shaky legs and heading inside. I wandered aimlessly around my trailer in an almost pacing motion until the sound of the door startled me from my thoughts "God jones, you really need to take a shower." I turned round to Toni and the usually jovial smirk that suited her so well dropped off her face as her features fell. She hurried over to me and embraced me tightly. "What happened?" I sighed and released a bitter chuckle, needless to say she looked confused " betty-" but just her name on my lips was even less bearable than I thought. I squeezed my eyes shut and pinched the bridge of my nose willing myself not to cry. "Have you tried to talk to her?" I sighed again " yes, everyday. I don't know what happened. Like four days ago we were fine." She looked down at me as if I was stupid " you know Jones you are one of the smartest people I know, and yet you can be really stupid. She might be upset over something else and is pushing everyone away. I mean that's what normally happens with girls. God jones you really are clueless." She rambled on and maybe she was right, but then it hit me. Veronica. We don't talk much but we need to right now. " thank you, so much Toni." I gave her a sad smile and her usual smirk returned to her face brightening her features " go get her Jones." I grabbed my phone and keys and sprinted out the trailer.

I pulled up outside of the Pembrooke, as I hopped of my motorcycle my hands started to tremble. What if I had done something wrong? What if I just wasn't good enough anymore? I shook my head trying to discard my thoughts, but they still raced continuously around my head. Inhaling deeply I took a step toward her apartment.

Once I had knocked I instantly regretted coming here, talking to my Betts best friend is probably not the way to go but as soon as the door flew open I knew there was no going back. In front of my stood the whirlwind that is Veronica lodge "Jughead?" She questioned in the most confused voice but the confusion shifted to worry. " what are you doing here?" Her words were blunt and abrasive " I uh wanted to talk about betty" the colour drained from her face and I raised an eyebrow." Do you want the truth?" I nodded sharply "okay erm well I'm currently expecting betty, but in all honesty I'm not sure what's up with her. She did seem quite off when she called though. I don't really know much else." I glared at the ground as if this was all its fault " thanks Veronica, see you around." I turned away from the door but the voice I was expecting wasn't the one I heard. I expected Veronica to say goodbye or something equally as formal but instead I was met with the voice of an angel "jug?" My Betts breathed "Betts?" I looked her in the eye and she brought her hands up to cup my face but pulled them back severing contact. Hurt played over my features and hers when she brushed passed me and disappeared into Veronica's apartment.

A/N thank you for being patient, I have been trying to publish these chapters for ages as you can probably tell from the previous A/N that was from before Christmas. There was an 'unknown error' in publishing this but I managed to sort it. Anyway here you go hope you enjoyed this well overdue chapter.
Megan xoxo.