The Letter

~Betty's POV~
I unfolded the paper my hand shaking terribly and my tears threatening to rain. Why would he write to me? My mind was blank. But then I started to read.

Dear Betty,
My sweet Juliet. I cannot face you, I could barely face writing this letter, but it had to be done. I can't be with you any longer. Physically and emotionally. I'm sorry. I love you with all my heart and maybe one day we will find our way back to one and other but for now I have to leave. Leave Riverdale and you.

I need you to know that this is not my choice, if it was, I would choose to hold you in my arms forever. But as I said it's not up to me. I can't tell you where I'm going or why I'm leaving. Answers to both are still hazy to me, don't write to me, don't try to find me. The truth is maybe this will be good for both of us, maybe we can build on who we are as people and space is what we need to do that.

I hate to leave you when you are like this and after what you have been through the last thing I would want is to hurt you. This was my dad's choice, not my own. Maybe though it's subconsciously what I wanted or needed, time. Time to process all that has happened to me, you. Us. In this small town. I can't face you because then leaving would be far to difficult. But as of now we can't be together, I'm sorry. It breaks my heart to have to tell you this and know whilst I was writing this letter I was distraught and will remain that way until I gain the strength to move on with my life.

You will forever be my first love, first kiss, first time but it's time to move on because that's how life works. The only way I can come to peace with this is the thought of us in maybe a few years meeting again or the thought that this might make you happier.

I will never forget how much your love meant to me and I hope you never forget my love for you. Betty Cooper, the first girl I ever loved and will forever love. I resent my dad for this, for the pain he is forcing me to endure. Forgiveness is not my strong suit, but I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me for this. I'm sorry. This will more than likely be the last you hear from me till I'm 18 in just over a year, when I can be free to come back and love you. But if by then you have let me go and moved on I will respect that and leave you be. Just the thought of you with another pains me beyond imagine, Betty please listen when I tell you this. No matter how long I'm gone I will not forget you. Your beauty, your elegance and your ability to love such a broken soul like me.

This is it my final goodbye.
Goodbye Betty Cooper, my one true love. I will see you again one day.
I promise.
Love your,
Juggie.

My breaths quickened and my heart sped up I had to get out of here. I stumbled down the stairs and out of my house. I looked up at it wishing for it to collapse on me, crushing my physical appearance as much as my heart and soul had been crushed. I wanted to rip the damn thing from my chest. Why is life so unforgiving? Who the hell knows. My breaths were still to fast for me to handle, my knees weak. 'Goodbye Betty Cooper' those few words repeating in my head. My knees could no longer deal with the weight bearing down on me and I collapsed to the ground. Darkness swallowed me whole and I was so grateful for the small ounce of relief I received from it.
The only sound I could hear was the muffled noise of an ambulance and that, with everything else, soon also faded.

A/N another chapter 2 in 1 day damn I'm on a role. I just made this one to break your hearts a little. I'm sorry I'm evil. Jokes aside I hope you enjoyed this chapter I'm doing a little filler chapter soon it won't be a long one then I'm doing a massive time skip and continuing from there. I have a great plan for this story and glad you have enjoyed it thus far.
That's all for now, love you guys, your support has been crazy.
See ya next chapter.
Megan xoxo