Back To You.

~Betty's POV~
I opened the door and my eyes widened I gasped and would've collapsed if it wasn't for Jughead catching me before I hit the ground. I took a minute to regain my composure "Veronica, I-i dont know what to say." She kept her features blank and emotionless and it only saddened me more. I know I wasn't there for her but I couldn't be especially when carrying Emma. "Maybe you could start by explaining your sudden disappearance from earth.", at that very moment Emma made a loud gurgle and I rushed to see if she needed anything. I think she was just a little tired of being in her cot so I picked her up and took her to the living room. After placing he in her little bouncer I went to the kitchen area where Jughead had taken Veronica. Her eyes we wide and her mouth hung open as if I had grown four heads. "That's the reason. When I was reading Jughead's letter about leaving, I had just taken a pregnancy test and it was positive. When my mom got back from her trip she found out and was obviously mad as hell but when she settled we had a talk. Basically if I were to keep the baby I had to stay in the house unless for doctors appointments or the odd walk and I couldn't stay in contact with anyone the only one that knew was Cheryl because she saw me when everyone kind of though I was at a boring school. My mom got me a dog to keep me company and he now lives with her. She helped me get an apartment, I had a job just outside of riverdale so I could help pay. I worked until I was 7 months pregnant and then had to leave. Then I was told there would be new people moving in across from me and it turned out to be Jughead and Archie.  I now work for the towns paper from home so I can look after my daughter Emma. That's pretty much my life until now." She was frozen on the spot, she looked like she would pass out until she grabbed me and hugged me tight, "I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you through all this." I shook my head in the crook of her neck "No V, you weren't to know. No one knew except well Cheryl." As if on cue my red headed whirlwind or a best friend let herself in as she had a spare key and started talking without noticing Veronica yet. "So B don't get mad at me but to get over all this drama I went and stormed the shops we are going to purge you clos-" She cut herself off when she noticed Veronica. I saw her blink hard testing whether or not it was a real scene before her.
"Cheryl, hey Veronica came round." My voice was thick with an awkward edge, Cheryl was stood stock still not daring to blink. Until a second passed and she snapped out of it. "Oh Veronica, hey." She said in a similar tone to mine but with a slight difference but I couldn't place my finger on it. Maybe awkwardness? Who knew? She strode over to our small group and when I heard a childish murmur coming from Emma's room I cringed. Veronica didn't know about her. I strolled over to her room and gently picked up the beautiful blessing and cradled her till she settled. I rocked her in my arms and took her into the lichen area. Veronica paled when I came into view and her hands shook slightly. There was a tension so thick in the air you could cut it with a knife. So in an effort to ease it slightly, Cheryl walked briskly towards me and said "Hello little Emma aren't you a cute little girl yes you are oh yes you are." She made her cute little gurgling noises in response to her and Cherry took her out of my arms and as she wasn't one to avoid the elephant in the room she spoke directly to me and Veronica "You two, talk now," and to Jughead, "Jughead come on."She fumbled with Emma's hints for a minute or two before taking off and going god knows where but I trusted her to look after Emma and I would text her to check up on them anyway. To be honest I was more worried about Cheryl and jughead being together for a while. "She's right we need to talk." Veronica sounded and I lifted my head to meet her wild gaze before briefly nodding and making my way over to the sofa.

HIIIIIIIIIII I'm back long time no see how you doing. So basically I was in South Africa on my expedition for the last few weeks and it was AMAZING. It was one of the best experiences of my life and I will never forget it. I literally got back a couple of hours ago and decided to do a quick chapter as I've barely slept for two weeks and have just had over 24 hours of travel so this one is only short but I'm back and will be here for the foreseeable its great to have an update for you all.
Love you guys!!!
Megan xoxo