A New Beginning

~Betty's POV~
A knock sounded at the door, echoing around the living room I was currently in. I was sat directly in front of the fire place, the blaze lit up my eyes as I continued to stare. I ignored the door and let the heat continue to enfulge me. The three negative pregnancy tests lay on my lap and a tear escaped and rolled steadily down my face. Veronica had to have opened the door by now. I tore my eyes away from the golden flickers of light that warmed the room and Veronica was stood at the door about to open it. The door was only open a crack before it was flung open completely revealing a distressed looking Jughead and a confused Archie. I . Froze.

I meant to try and hide the tests but I couldn't move even as he approached me. When he was close enough to see the tests he was the next one to freeze. A wild mix of confusion and betrayal were evident on his face. He seemed to have an internal battle of whether to speak or not, he made up his mind and whispered "Who, because I know we haven't." Tears had begun too build up in my eyes awaiting their time to write fall, I hated crying but that's all I had the energy to do recently. My breaths quickened as I spoke through the breaths "Nick st clair." Hatred flashed in his eyes quickly followed by hurt. "Jug but-" he cut me off "He was here five days Betty, five days..." he trailed off as he built back up the wall, I had managed to break down, brick by brick. A cold emotionless mask fell upon his features and for the first time I felt scared of him, of how still he had become. I wouldn't lose him although I had ignored him these past few days he was my life line " Juggie I didn't-" he cut me off again "my name is Jughead" he said as the pain returned for a split second sharpening his words. I couldn't speak, there was so much I wanted -no- needed to say but I felt as though my lips had been sewn closed I just looked at him my eyes filled with desperation and sadness. But still he turned on his heal and strode out of Veronica's apartment never once looking back. Archie glanced to Veronica, confused as ever before trailing after my Juggie. I brought my knees to my chest and rested my head on them. My eyes were closed tightly and the only thing I could hear was the faint tapping of Veronica's heals approaching me. She pulled me into a hug and I just sat there in her arms wondering how it got this hard.

I lay in Veronica's bed staring at the ceiling, I was numb. No feelings could reach me not even Veronica's eyes burning holes into me. "Betty," she said softly " tomorrow you need to talk to Jughead. I know that this is hard but he has to know the truth and remember B I'm always here for you. Get some sleep okay." I just nodded all my thoughts blurring into one and other. Suddenly my lids felt heavy and soon enough they had forced themselves closed, shoving me into a deep sleep.

I woke to the soft sound of birds chirping outside the window. Not in the mood. I tried to bury myself deeper into the pillow beneath my head but it was to no avail, I couldn't stop the damn birds from chirping. I rose from the ignorant bliss of the past whoever knows how long I had slept. My head weighed heavily on my shoulders as I shuffled into the living room. "Hey B, how are you feeling?" Not knowing an appropriate response to this question for this early in the morning I just shrugged my shoulders and gave her a small smile.

After breakfast I stood in the shower and let the warm water sooth my body from the stresses of the past few days. Of course as always in a town such as Riverdale it wouldn't last long so I savoured every moment of it. Cold air welcomed me, although not pleasant, I had to deal with it. I got dressed into some fresh clothes I had brought with me, along with Jughead's black hoodie. Once I had slipped it on I felt more comfortable. His scent surrounded me, it felt as if I was in his arms again. It felt like home. Now I have to go and actually talk to him.

A/n I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a while I've had writers block and been going through some stuff, but I'm glad to have finally updated for you guys. It's not really a very dramatic or happy chapter but both of those with be some contributing factors to the next chapter. I hope you liked it.
Megan xoxo.