Closed Doors

~Betty's POV~
I was cradling Emma when I heard the knock, it was 6:00 and I was expecting my mom anyway so I stood being careful as to not make Emma uncomfortable. I smiled down at her cute little face momentarily but then continued to stroll to the door. Holding Emma in one arm I twisted the lock on the door and tugged it open.
Much to my surprise there stood Jughead in all his beauty, but his features contorted and became the picture of confusion. I was stunned, unable to move, he now knew I had a daughter, I wasn't ready for him to find out yet. He shook his head and snapped out of whatever daze he was in, however I was still in mine and could only look at him blankly.

"You have a child?" He asked as though the physical evidence directly in front of him wasn't enough, "Erm, yeah this Erm, this is Emma. My daughter." He was still shocked. It was written all over his face. "How old is she?" This was it, he would work out the dates he would realise he was a father all along without knowing he was. "She is about 9 months old." He inhaled sharply clearly the realisation was seeping in. "She's my daughter." I nodded slowly at the statement rather than a question. He took another deep breath. By now Emma had fallen soundly asleep in my arms. "Could I maybe, come round tomorrow to see her. Erm because she is asleep right now." Once again I nodded unable to string together a sentence at that moment. It was then that I realised there was going to be a tonne of complications from now on.

~Jughead's POV~
As the door shut softly in front of my face my knees became weak and I almost fell to the floor there was so much bearing down on them. I was a father. There was no denying that fact. I had no idea and when I posted that letter to Betty I will have broken her 10 times more considering she was pregnant and had been through so much. I was selfish.
I wandered back to my apartment and collapsed on the sofa, burying my face deep into the pillow. "You okay man?" I heard archie say behind me, I knew he meant well but I couldn't be arsed with him at the moment. Either way though he was my best friend so I had to tell him the truth. Besides he would find out one way or another. "I'm a dad, when I left riverdale Betty was pregnant and I didn't know. Now I have a daughter called Emma
living across the hall from me. So I'm not quite okay." I said clearly displaying sarcasm to let him know I didn't want to talk about it, thankfully, although archie can be dumb he understood and said "That's rough man, want to watch something?" I nodded absentmindedly not really paying much attention, I let him pick the film and just kind of blurred my way through It, constantly thinking about Betty and how much I hurt her and how I left, not only her but my daughter as well. I know I wasn't to know but that's no excuse for not being there when she needed me.
I could never tell her why I left, nor could I tell anyone. It was a secret that could never be shared with anyone. Not even with the only girl I have ever loved.

I could hear archie snoring from the other sofa and it tugged me ,way to harshly, back into reality. I sighed at my best friends idiocy, he always fell asleep in inconvenient places like now, he will wake up in the middle of the night to go to bed and will wake me up whilst doing so. I rubbed my eyes, dragging my body slowly of the sofa and trudged towards him. "Archie, bro. Wakey wakey you need to go to bed." I said nudging him, all I received was a half hearted groan so I thought well I tried, and went to bed myself.

I tossed and turned all night mentally preparing for the day that awaited me. I was going to officially meet my daughter. I was a wild mix of emotions, but nervousness overruled them all. I hardly got a wink of sleep and Archie getting up from the sofa in the middle of the night, for once, didn't bother me. I knew I had to face Betty and Emma sooner or later and as much as was scared I would rather it not be later. With all these thoughts whizzing round my head I finally found a sense of calm and managed to fall uneasily asleep.

A/n here is a chapter for ya'll I feel like this is a little bit of a building up chapter for the cuteness and drama for the next one. I'M SO SAD THAT RIVERDALE IS FINISHED NOW!!! I have had to dedicate my time to other things for example I finished 13 reasons season 2 in less than 2 days. So yeah I have a sad life. Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter.
And as always love you guys.
Megan xoxo