Run With It

~Jughead's POV~
Life is the sharp edge of a razor blade and people just balance on it and some? Yeah, some fall. I was falling fast until Betty Cooper caught me. Sometimes the razor blade and our balancing act fades away and for a short while we are consumed by bliss, with no need to think about whether or not you will fall. However it doesn't last, some have their epic demise shortly after the lingering bliss has vanished, some wake up and although they still have the person that gave the happiness, their mind is clear and they can make their decisions without the hazy fog of beginners bliss. I found my bliss and kept it, we keep each other steady and from losing our balance on the far too thin lifeline. I lost my balance but she held me and kept me from doing so again. I love her. There is no denying that fact. She says that I have 'A way with words'  but I feel as though I choke when I'm around her. I couldn't possibly find the right words to tell her what I was thinking, how she makes me breathless just by entering a room or how the sound of her angelic voice gives me goose bumps. Or that I, Jughead Jones, was truly and utterly infatuated by her very existence to the point of being unconditionally and endlessly in love with her.

I paused my writing to gaze at the clock on the wall briefly losing myself in my thoughts, but I quickly snapped out of my subconscious thoughts at the realisation that I was meeting Betty at her house in ten minutes. Barely thinking I rushed to grab my keys and my phone, only pausing to lock the house up once I had left.

Wind whipped through my raven locks as i sped down the road towards Betty's street. I was overly enthusiastic to see her, even though I had seen her the night before. However not only my mind but hers as well, was still struggling with what Nick had done to her. If there was a time for me to be capable of murder, it was now, with the idea in my head of all the ways he hurt her, but I couldn't do that to Betty I needed to be there for her not lose my temper at the opposing force of evil.

Moments later I arrived. Like every other time I saw her my heart pounded heavily in my chest and my mind whirled with wishful thinking. I spied her peering out of her window at me and I gave her the brightest smile I could muster. She smiled back and it warmed my heart because for a single rare occasion, such as now, it reached her eyes. I will forever be hoping that she will remain happy and that I can continue to make her happy.

~Betty's POV~

i ran down the stairs as fast as my nimble legs could carry me and it reminded me of when I was younger running down the  stairs at Christmas. The same joy upon seeing Jughead filled me now. Throwing open the door I ran directly into his arms, I have no idea where this sudden surge of happiness came from but I was clutching it tight and running with it. Literally. My feelings for Jughead ran so deeply that I couldn't contain it anymore. I grabbed his hand and pulled him into the house " I missed you" I spoke softly but still breathless from the prior exercise I encountered and that exercise is probably going to be the only exercise I have for the next year. "What do you mean I saw you, like, a few hours ago?" I grinned and shook my head at his bafflement. "No, I need to tell you something." His features darkened the look of worry painted across his features. I again shook my head grinning, " what happened, are you-" I cut him off quickly "I love you." He smiled brightly "I love you too."

A/N here is another chapter, I know it's been a while feel free to yell at me. But I felt an undying need to update before Easter Sunday so here is my update yayyyyyyyyyyyy. Hope you enjoyed have an amazing Easter wherever you are and be safe. Love you all I mean WE REACHED OVER 200 READS. Okay to me that's crazy. Thank you all so much, hopefully will update soon but I have A LOT going on so sorry if I don't.
Megan xoxo.