Falling Without Falling Apart.

~Jughead's POV~
I still loved her. Now there was no doubt in my mind. Maybe what kickstarted my love again was the glimmer in her eyes when she looked so peacefully at Emma, or maybe it was the fact that that she had bore my child. Either way I knew my love was always there for her it just needed awakening within me. I stared hard at the blank ceiling still wondering why I didn't contact her for that year I understand my sister was having an extremely rough time but I still should've stayed in touch. It may have been the realisation that if I told her where I was going and why, she would've insisted upon coming and trying to fix things. Whilst being content in doing so though she may not have it made better in the long run.

"Archie!?" I yelled to him in the other room, and soon enough he called "Yeah!?" I rolled my eyes at his blatant lack of intelligence "Can you come here please!?" I heard loud footsteps and then my door opening "What, Jug?" I sighed heavily "What do I do Arch?" He looked at me for a single second and then the only word of wisdom I would ever hear him speak left his mouth, "Tell her everything, tell her about Jellybean and why you left, tell her you care and make sure she knows this time you aren't going anywhere because everything will be out in the open so you won't have to dissappear again." I nodded taking in the fact that Archie Andrews gave me good advice. "Thanks Arch, I'm going over there now, want to come?" I hoped he would say yes so I could avoid having he conversation with her for a little bit longer, but sure enough he declined and said "Now Jug you have to talk to her now and without me there. So see you later I'm going to Pop's with Ronnie." I gritted my teeth like a spoiled five year old and said "Fine. Have a nice time." He nodded giving me the look. And once again I sighed getting up and walking towards the front door. I opened it and looked back towards Archie for a mere second to jokingly glare at him before chuckling and closing the door behind me. I breathed in and out slowly. Here we go.

I tapped gently on Betty's door. I soon heard the shuffling of slippers that she insists on wearing coming towards the door. I contemplated turning back, but this had to be faced sooner or later. Although I'd much rather the latter but the former was inevitable. Before I could even begin to decide whether or not to walk away the dorm swung open reveling her. "Hey Jug. I mean Jughead, why are you here?" A puzzled look contorted her elegant features. I froze. "Uhh, I just wanted to see Emma." She didn't seem convinced but I insisted and she let me in.

Her home was everything she had ever told me her first home would be. Soft rugs scattering the wooden floor and pictures of our daughter and her family hung around the place. A few pictures caught my eyes, there were many of archie, Ronnie, Cheryl, Kevin and all our school friends but not a single one of us. Nothing in this apartment indicated to our relationship other than Emma. She had caught me starring at the plethora of photographs and spoke softly, ' I only stayed in contact with Cheryl, my mom told everyone I was at a boring school far away but Cheryl saw me and found out about my pregnancy. These are all just mere memories of the life I used to have." I paused and accidentally blurted out "There's none of us." She blanked her features before they could fall and said in almost and annoyed tone, "You left." Leaving it there she lead me to Emma's room where my dad was cradling Emma. My dad was here. I had barely seen him after I discovered I was a father. "Dad?" He whipped around and clearly starting to remember that I was back "Hey Jug, you want to hold her?" I just nodded. He rose carefully and handed me Emma. I heard him whisper to Betty, "I'll give you two some space." Betty nodded kindly and my dad left quite speedily I would say. I peered down into Emma's beautiful blue, with a small him to green circling the edges, eyes and whispered subconsciously "How did I get so lucky." Before I looked up a Betty I thought, here goes everything.

A/n I'm sorry I've not been here for a while but I've been too busy with mocks and homework and fundraising for a trip I'm going on in 19 days to South Africa for two weeks. It's also been my best friends prim and my sisters is tomorrow so it's been, to say the least, hectic. But here is another chapter I'm so thankful right now, we are nearly on 1000 reads like wth how!???? It's amazing to even think about legit. Thank you for sticking with this story it's taken some time and the next chapter will have one thing DRAMA. Love you all so much and I will see you on the next chapter my lovelies you are amazing. Bye guys.
Megan xoxo