Long Time...

~Veronica's POV~
"So, Betty, long time no see." I said stalling momentarily trying to gather my thoughts and grasp what I had before seen. My mind whirled as I contemplated why she would keep this from me for so long but it didn't take long for me to read a certified conclusion... Alice. She always had her claws dug deep in Betty and controlled her. When Jughead left we talked but she became distant, then a month or two later she dropped out of school completely. I always wondered why and even visited her house but her mom had said she had left town to go to some boarding school because she had shown great promise in her academics. Something had seemed off but I brushed it off until I had no contact from Betty for a long time, then I searched but found no trace. I worried but eventually I had to move on. She slowly nodded, "yeah very, I mean Veronica. It's been tough without you there but Cheryl found out and helped me... I've missed you." I smiled and gave her a huge embrace. I missed this... us. "B and V back in action!" She scrunched up her face as did I and we cringed together like we always have done. "So... what did I miss when I left?" Her eye briefly twitched when I mentioned my leaving it seemed like a common action to her so I just shrugged it off. "Well me and Archie stayed together, we are engaged despite my daddy's protests, he can't change how much I love Archie. Betty also when you left the south side students all came to riverdale high most of them were okay but the ghoulies made riverdale high a trash heap and caused Kevin..." She paused and her eyes glazed over her expression becoming hard, "Betty... he died." My eyes widened as a lump grew in my throat and tears rose in my eyes. "What?" I choked. I rested my head in my hands stifling a sob. I felt arms wrap around me and her scent filled my nose comforting me. "Can a girl not catch a break?" I muttered earning a chuckle from her, "it's okay B, he's in a better place now." I nodded into her shoulder.

Me and Veronica spent most of the day talking and catching up it has really been a roller coaster but I think now that Jughead is back things might start to feel normal again. I might start to feel normal in my own skin. Speak of the devil are knock sounded and I made my way to the door knowing it was him and Cheryl they had been gone long enough. I swung open the door, and sure enough they stood on the other side. Jughead cradled Emma I'm his arms. It was a sight to behold and I smiled softly to myself as they breezed past me. Cheryl embraced me into a tight hug and whispered three little words that meant everything to me. "All is forgiven".

Later that evening after Veronica and Cheryl had left it was just me and jug. Emma was sleeping soundly in her room and I was a peace. All day I feel like I've been back in time chatting about everything and nothing with my best friends and the love of my life. Will it ever be the same though it has been a long time since me and Jughead spoke, for gods sake I even had his kid without him knowing. He stared at the TV in utter contentment and I tried to do the same but my mind was elsewhere and I was constantly fiddling with the hem of my shirt. I love him. I don't think I ever stopped I needed him to know that but I wasn't that outgoing was I?  I'm supposed to be the girl next door smart about things and a girl like me wouldn't just put her feelings out there. Screw it.
"Jughead?" He looked over to me, deep breath in and out. Here we go, "I-" another knock at my door. WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL. Am I destined to be interrupted every single time. I got up hastily and opened the door and little to harshly much to Archies surprise. "Sorry arch, come in" I motioned for him to enter and he made his way in looking at my small apartment. It is what it is I guess. He smiled to me and then turned to jug speaking in his bro kind of voice. "He man, I was just wondering when you were going to come home?" There was a slight urgency to his tone and I raised my eyebrows not getting the bro language. "Ummm now if you want" He replied my heart slowly crumbled in my chest. I'll have to try another day. He gazed at me, "Betts sorry you were about to say something?" I shook my head, "It doesn't matter we'll talk another day" I smiled hiding my hurt as they left to their apartment across the hall. I sighed deeply and my mind swirled as I made my way to my room to get ready for bed.

A/N I'm sorry I've been gone so long please don't kill me. I uploaded right when I got back from Africa and before I knew it i got a job and then went back to school and had all my mock exams. So I'm reallyyyyy sorry but time just passed me by. Either way here's another chapter I hope you like it.
Xoxo