1 And A Half Years Later

~Betty's POV~
I stood by the window to my apartment, today was exactly 1 year 6 months and 22 days since I received the letter. It was Jughead's birthday. I wonder if he will ever return to riverdale? I thought he had forgotten me after all this time, I still couldn't get him out of my head.

My thoughts vanished when I heard a small gargle, coming from my 7 month old, daughters bouncy chair. I smiled. She was the only thing that really made me smile nowadays. "Goodmorning Emma, is it time for your feed, yes it is, yes it is." I talked to her as any parent would, in the most unique baby voice ever. Although Jughead was constantly at the back of my mind I had to put my baby first now. So I warmed up a bottle and tested it on the back of my hand before cuddling up on the couch to feed her. She was so delicate so pure resting in my arms, she reminded me so much of her father. Dark hair still growing, as black as the night sky. However she still had my pale green eyes. The perfect combination. At some point whilst my thoughts distracted me, she had fallen asleep in my arms. Careful not to wake her I placed her gently in her crib. She was never a loud baby, but if you woke her from a nap there was hell to pay.

I tiptoed out of her room and back to my position on the couch and once again my mind drifted off to him. The thoughts as to why he left me still plagued me daily. Maybe I would never know, because maybe he moved on. That thought killed me because now I could never move on. From the moment I found out about my pregnancy, I knew Jug would now and forever be in my collective consciousness. I still haven't fallen out of love with him, I don't think I ever will.

A van sounded outside, someone was due to move into the flat across the hall for a while now, they just hadn't yet. So I didn't even bother to check. All I knew was that I probably wouldn't associate with them.
After I found out about my pregnancy I drifted, only really remaining friends with Veronica, Cheryl and Toni. I spent a lot of time at home taking online classes, but I did miss school, even the blue and gold room. Well especially the blue and gold room, when I was in there i felt like Jughead was with me. It soon faded though as I rarely came to actual school and other people took over the blue and gold. Now though I graduated bought a flat with the money I earned from working at the register and the Riverdale library. I can't say my parents didn't help me out, because they did in every way they could. Most of the time though my mum doesn't come to visit me but to visit Em. I had never really seen that side to her, how gentle and less controlling she became when being around my baby. She loved us and I could see how proud she was of me.

The door the the other flat slammed and I decided I would welcome them later. I wasn't in a social mood.

I heard a motorbike park outside of the building, and a smile instantly brightened my features. It must be FP, he loved visiting his granddaughter and to be honest, I loved having him here. He was good to talk to. When I saw him the day after Jughead left I confronted him asking him why it was his choice, but it turns out he got a similar letter blaming me and he had insisted he wouldn't do that. I believed him because the sincerity he projected wasn't easily faked. So instead of resenting him for his possible involvement in Jughead's departure, I grew closer to him and he became almost like a second father to me.

The buzzer sounded and I let him in. Once he was here we shared a comforting hug like every time he visits, which I must say was often because the flat is bought was quite close to the trailer park but still on the northside of town. My mom wouldn't allow me to cross the tracks, her resentment of the southside still boggled me considering she was raised there. But I couldn't complain, she made sure I had everything I could possibly need and for that I was eternally greatful. Poor FP he lost his son, and yet event hough his eyes are tired he seems happy to visit me and Emma. "Is she asleep?" He whispered and I nodded "Yeah, but you can still go and see her just be very quiet." He nodded giving me a warm smile as he breezed past me into Em's room, closing the door behind him quietly.

Then of course, my phone rang. I rushed to it muttering "shit" under my breath. And of course it was my mother. "Betty, how are you?" She questioned " I'm good I've just got Emma down and FP is here to visit right now, how about you?" She paused as if she didn't know what to say "Erm, I'm good yeah." I rolled my eyes "Really, you don't sound so sure?" Rolling my eyes was an action i often did im my moms presence. "Well, I have some news, but I would rather tell you face to face. Bring Emma here if you want but I think for now you should be on your own." I furrowed my brows wondering what on earth could've happened now, after everything I've been through what more could be thrown at me "What? Mom what's happened?" She took another long pause before finally saying, "Just come okay, it has something to do with your new neighbours." And for good measure I gave her another eye roll "Fine, I will come soon and leave FP with Emma.  Bye, love you." This time she responded quickly "Okay honey, see you soon. Love you too, bye."

And with that we hung up leaving me utterly scared and confused.

A/n here is my last chapter before the final episode of season 2 as requested. GUYS WE ARE ON OVER 500 VIEWS I CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE IT. I'm also extremely scared for the nest episode #JUGHEADDONTDIE. 😂
Hope you enjoyed, this is an extra long chapter actually this is the longest chapter I have ever written, I hope it's good fingers crossed. Thankyou all for reading.
Bye.
Megan xoxo