The First Of Many

~Jughead's POV~
I had no need to wake up, I hadn't slept all night. I tossed and turned wondering what I was going to say, how I was going to act and what she was going to say. I don't blame her for resenting and even hating me, I left her at her most vulnerable but jellybean needed me and she needed my help and no one could know why. She was in so much pain. Mom had abandoned her and she was left to care for my grandmother alone and underage to be a carer. That was the first reason I couldn't tell. The second was she was ashamed that she tried to- my thoughts were cut short by a loud knock on my door. "Archie, what is it?" There was a brief shuffle outside before he opened the door and said, "Chill out bro, I just brought you coffee. I thought you might need it." I paused briefly, slightly shocked. "Wait, how did you know that I would need coffee?" He chuckled under his breath, "Let's just say, you talk A LOT in your sleep." I sighed, face palming into the pillow, Archie took that as a que to leave and I was thankful that this was one of the times he actually used his brain and gave me some space to think.

When I finally rose from my bed it hit me. I have a daughter called Emma living across the hall from me. I am meeting her today. It felt utterly surreal. I never meant for this to happen, I never meant to leave her in such a vulnerable state. I loved her. I love her. I never stopped. One too many thought whirled around my head. I couldn't deal with it. So to take my mind off it, I had a shower.

The hot water pelted me, calming me. I leant against the cool wall still thinking of what I'm going to say. I mean what was there to say, I left her pregnant after being raped by dick st clair. It was a rock and a hard place indefinitely. I took a deep breath in and waited, waited before exhaling.

~Betty's POV~
I took a deep breath and waited, waited before exhaling. He was due to be here any minute. I never got and answer, I was always stuck wondering what I did wrong. What made him leave me. Alone nonetheless and pregnant. It killed inside everyday, not knowing whether or not he would come back or if Emma would have a father. He might not even want to know her. All I know is he isn't the same guy that left me. I didn't know whether that was good or bad. The moment our eyes locked, I didn't seem to know anything anymore. My world had be flipped and now everything seemed backwards. My only life line, the only person I can count on being here always is Emma. She was one of the few things that actually made me smile. I used to smile at meadows filled with golden flowers and the sun shining bright and true. Now all I see is dead grass and grey clouds. Without him my world changed and it hadn't been the same. Maybe he could fix it but I didn't trust him to not break me again. God I used to be the fleeky af eyebrow, now I'm the one that seems to go wrong everything you try and fix it. A loud gurgle sounded from my arms and it jerked me out of whatever daze I had sunk into. I smiled briefly at my gorgeous baby girl and how she always seemed to pull me back when I had begun to drift. I loved her for that. So damned much. She was my world and always would be.

I gathered my thoughts as a knock sounded and seemed to echo around the walls bouncing of each until it registered in my ears. I shook my head quickly trying to establish whether this was genuinely real. It was. My knees could barely carry my weight but I was glad I held Emma in my arms, she kept me as steady as possible. However her mere presence could not stop my hand from shaking as I reached for the door nob. Breathe in and out, let's do this. As wish I was as confident as I was in my head but the truth is that any muscle that was in my arms at all just stopped working and I couldn't twist the handle. I knew he would meet her at some point so I was going to have to pull myself together. In my head it felt like I was taking hours but in reality it was merely a minute. I squeezed my eyes shut as I twisted the handle and yanked open the door. I opened my eyes and there he was. "Hey there Juliet."

A/n I know I know it's been ages I'm sorry please forgive me I've had exams and family issues and friend issues and I'm still in disbelief that riverdale is finished like what do I do with my time now. I've genuinely started watching 8 different shows. Like is that bad? Idk. Ah well thank you for sticking around the next chapter is going to be juicy yayyyyy.
Megan xoxo.