Where Do We Go From Here

~Betty's POV~
I let out the breath I had been subconsciously holding in. My hands shook violently as I reached up and tapped on the door. At first there was no answer, so my soft tap turned into a loud knock. Before I had time to process how loud I had knocked the door swung open. I was shocked by what I saw. His hair dishevelled, his beanie nowhere in sight, his eyes were red and puffy, and his bags were dark under his eyes. "Jug..." He tried to close the door but I stood my foot in front of it preventing him from doing so. I couldn't lose him. Through the mere crack in the door he eyed me angrily "Have you come to rub salt in the wound?" I was taken aback by his words but I kept my foot firmly in place, "No, Jughead. I came to explain myself." His glare strengthened " And why should I let you explain yourself, after what you have done." I thought for a moment, I would be like this if he had done what he thinks I had done. " Trust me when I say this its not what you think, and once upon a time you loved me and I love you, and always will. I can't let that go." His features soften for a split second before he hesitantly nodded his head and removed his firm grip on the door.

I lifted my up from the perfectly imperfect vision of the rough carpet beneath my shoes to find we were not alone. Two males each with their own plethora of tattoos, probably about Jughead's age stood and shook my hand introducing themselves as Sweetpea and Fang before returning to their previous position on the sofa. Then the female, with stunning pink streaks in her hair stood and gave me a tight hug. I was shocked at first but soon returned the hug, she then whispered in a voice so quiet that only I could hear "Take care of Jug, we all know he needs you." Some of the tension that had built up in my limbs decreased and i felt the tiniest bit better about my situation, "Anyway, I'm Toni," she turned to the other two smirking, it was clear to me that she was the epitome of confidence "And boys, we better leave them to it lets go." I smiled gratefully at her, she just simply nodded.

"Why are you here Betty?" A sharp raspy said jerking me harshly out of my daze. I rubbed my hands together trying to release at least some of the tension building up inside of me. "I need to talk to you about what happened with Nick." He pinched the bridge of his nose, an action of which I have witnessed multiple times like when he is stressed or trying to restrain from strangling someone. I was always sure, when directed at me, it was always stress but now in this moment I wasn't sure which one he was aiming at me. "So you cheat and then think I should give you time to explain? Save me the whole I'm sorry and I didn't mean for it to happen, and just leave." I shook my head but of course as his head was tilted towards the tattered carpet I was looking at just moments before, he didn't notice my unsure motions. So instead I I slowed my breathing and said in a relatively shaky voice, "No." He peered up and finally met my gaze "What?" His eyes glazed over, he was clearly fighting tears. "I came to explain that it wasn't my fault, I didn't want to sleep with him. He.. erm-" and once again I couldn't bring myself to finish the sentence. However a part of me needed to say it to become real so I could do something about it, I didn't know what but something, anything that could help me. So in the faintest voice I muttered incoherently "he raped me." I kept my eyes from meeting his, not wanting to see the judgment that was surely swimming in his eyes but instead all I felt was strong familiar arms pull me into a comforting hug. And that was when I finally let it all go. The tears, the sobs, pain and sorrow all released as we both sunk to the floor him cradling me and shielding me from the cold world that surrounded us. The sweet nothings he whispered in my ear kept me safe, he was the ultimate protector, he was my protector and I finally had him back.

A/N here is another chapter I want to write a happier one next so I think I might just do that hope you enjoyed this I'm so happy with how it's going so far it's definitely helping to keep me distracted with some stuff that going on. Anyway that's all love you all and thanks for all your support for this book!

Megan xoxo