Fire

~Jughead POV~
"Did you miss me?" I stared straight at the red headed bombshell herself stood in all her glory. "Cheryl, hi. How have you been?" I said in the most awkward tone ever. I glanced at Betty for a second and she gave me a pleading and almost apologetic look. Shit. Cheryl Blossom knew. She clearly knew everything or she wouldn't be storming in here like she owns the god damn place. "Well it was great until I found out you, the guy who played my best friend and left her pregnant and vulnerable, moved in across the hall." And with that she barged right past me dragging Betty behind her. I followed. I couldn't be bothered with her games, she should've stopped them after high school but she evidently hasn't. She went and directly sat on the sofa. "So, hobo, care to explain why I, in the blink of and eye, ended up being the only person Betty could rely on once you left her. Care to answer." I wanted to tell Betty the truth so badly it hurt but I didn't want it to be in front of the girl who referred to me as 'hobo'. "Fine Cheryl you win. The reason why I had to leave Riverdale was because my mom took off and left jellybean with my grandma, which would've been fine until my grandma got rushed to the hospital after falling! Then my sister spiralled and tried to kill herself! She was too embarrassed by it and didn't want anyone to know! Now my sister is in rehab and my grandma is in a home." Something warm and wet fell onto my cheek. Do it I hate crying in front of people. Their expressions were shocked to say the least and Betty was trying to stutter out some word with the slightest resemblance to sorry. Sorry wouldn't change what happened. "Excuse me." I exited quickly and closed my bedroom door behind me I fell against it tears rolling in their hundreds now. It dredged up everything and all I could picture was my sisters limp body lay in a hospital bed, bandages wrapped neatly round the ragged slices in her skin. More tears fell. They continued to fall until I heard a soft knock from directly behind me. "Yes." I said in a very raspy voice. "It's just me. Cheryl's gone, can I come in Juggie." I moved away from the door and sat on my bed. She hesitantly came in and sat beside me. "Listen Jug, I had no idea. You and jellybean did not deserve to go through that and I'm sorry I wasn't there for you but I will be. I'm sorry I shut you out I thought you might hurt me again. I'm so sorry. I take back everything." She brushed a tear from my cheek I turned to look at her, "Don't apologise Betty, you did nothing wrong, I promise. You and I we are just small pieces of a larger puzzle. So don't apologise for the things you couldn't fix. It's over now and plus since coming back I found out I had a daughter which is the best thing I could've hoped for. So please don't be sorry." She gave me a sad smile as her thumb brushed across my cheek to and fro. I smiled back. She looked down for a second before saying "I should probably go." It's was only then that I realised how close we were. Millimetres of air filled the small space that separated us. We both pulled away and cleared our throats. "Erm yeah, you should get back to Emma she probably wants feeding if she's anything like her dad." She chuckled at this and I smirked grateful that I cheered her up. And with that she left. I was happy she finally knew and happy she had forgiven me but now many memories of this past year crowded my head and I felt like I was going to explode. It was getting late so I just fell backwards on my bed and dozed right off.

A/n here is yet another chapter, I'm on a literal roll what can I say. I'm starting to feel less I'll so I will be back in school on Monday. Is it bad I've kinda missed being at school with my friends? Anyways we are literally only a few reads off 1k and I'm saving a very special chapter for then! But for now a near bughead kiss and a confessional will have to do. Thank you and love you all byeeeee!
Megan xoxo