Chapter Eleven

Weapons

Damon and I were heading to the basement of the house were 100 witches were burned to death. We're meeting with Klaus. Inside this house is where Stefan was keeping Klaus' family. Four coffins, Elijah and two others. We don't know what's in the fourth coffin, that's sealed shut by a spell.

Meanwhile, Bonnie had the same dream over and over again about the sealed coffin. In her dream, she was appeared by someone who turned out to be her mother, who abandoned her fifteen years ago. So, Elena and Bonnie tracked her down and are currently there asking for her help to open this coffin. We all think what's inside the coffin is the key to killing Klaus.

On the other hand, Alaric is seeing someone new. Her name is Meredith Fell. She's a doctor at the hospital. Damon doesn't have a good feeling about her since she took blood from him and used it to heal patience. Elena and I are going to keep our eyes out on her. We can't have Ric lose another girlfriend.

Damon and I just walked down the stairs and Klaus came out of a dark corner. The coffins are hidden by the witches.

"What took you so long?" Klaus asked. "Hiding begins your witchy friends. And in squalor, no less."

Then, the candle flames grew large and Klaus fell to the floor, gripping onto his head and screaming in pain.

"Insulting a bunch of dead witches... not smart." Damon told him. "I made the exact same mistake first time I came in here."

"Well, you know the funny thing about the witches is that living or dead, they care about their own." Klaus stopped talking and started to groan. "A hundred dead witches have a thousand living descendants..." He started to scream again and I started to hear the witches chanting. "And I have no problem killing every last one of them if I don't get my coffins back. As we speak, my hybrid friend is prepared to end the Bennett line." After Klaus said that, the fire died down and he stopped groaning. He stood up and walked closer to Damon and I. "Now... please... show me the coffins."

The coffins appeared and there were only three. I looked at Damon for a second and back at the coffins.

"Here we are." Klaus smiled. He smile faded when he noticed the same thing I did. The fourth one missing. "Where's the fourth?" He looked at Damon and I but we stayed quiet. "Show me!" He demanded the witches.

"Well, uh, here's the thing. They can't. It's not here." Damon told him.

"What did you do?" Klaus asked.

"Well, Bonnie gave me the head's up. I mean, we didn't have enough time to get all four, but we did have time to get one." Damon answered.

"I will tear you limb from limb. And only then. when you are a writhing mass of blood and flesh, will I rip your heart from your chest." Klaus threatened.

"Sorry. Same rules apply. You know, leverage and all. I know you want your family back. But something tells me you want what's in that coffin a lot more." Damon smirked. He grabbed my head and we left.

\||\

The next morning I walked downstairs to see Alaric searching through the cabinets.

"Morning." I greeted.

"I though we had aspirins."

"Yea, in the vitamins." I said and opened the right cabinet. I walked passed the island in the kitchen and saw a whiskey bottle with a glass next to it. "You're hungover?" I asked.

"Yea, sorry about that. It was a bit of a weird night." He answered.

"I told you, you don't have to feel guilty about inviting Meredith over here." I told him.