Chapter Thirty-Two

Magic Well

We pulled up to an island, in boats. It was cold, so we all had jackets and boots on. Everyone came to this island, which the cure was located on, besides Caroline and Tyler.

Right now, we're unpacking the boats. I handed Damon the last bag and he helped me off the boat.

"They couldn't have hidden this cure in Hawaii? Where the hell did you take us?" Damon asked Shane.

"200 miles off the Nova Scotia mainland. If you recall, the whole point was to hide the cure on the world's most obscure, desolate island." Shane answered.

"Oh, yea? I thought the whole point was that no one found Silas, the oldest, deadliest freak in the world." Damon said, referring to what Kol had said.

"Yea, that too."

I don't have a good feeling about this, "Do you think Kol could have been right about Silas?" I asked Damon.

"We won't raise Silas. We get the cure, and get out." Damon responded.

"If it was that easy, why would Kol freak out so much?"

"You're over thinking. We're going to be fine." Damon ensured.

"I don't know." I whispered.

Catching my attention, Elena took the white oak stake and held it against Rebekah's chest. Rebekah pushed Elena to the ground.

"Only a few more days until Rebekah is out of our lives." I said.

"Human Rebekah. Can't imagine her without fangs." Damon responded.

"You've never talked about what you'll do with the cure once we find it. Will you take it?" I asked Damon.

He hesitated before answering, "I don't like to speculate." He said before walking off.

\||\

We started to walk into the woods. We were following Shane, since he knows where to go.

After a little while into the walk, Shane checked his phone for signal; there was none.

"Satellite phone lost its signal." Shane said.

"Well, that's a good sign." Damon sarcastically said.

"Is anyone else a little creeped out?" Elena asked, scared.

"So, then leave. Out of everyone, your presence is the least necessary." Rebekah told her.

"Please don't start." Stefan said.

"I'm merely stating the facts. Jeremy has the spell on his body. Bonnie's the witch that unseals the cure. Ellie can find where to start the spell. Shane is the human compass. You and I have the tombstone, which does god knows what. And Elena has no point." Rebekah told us all.

"What about me?" Damon asked.

"You have a nice behind." Rebekah said, causing Stefan and me to laugh.

\||\

After more walking, the sun set and it was dark.

"Centuries after Qetsiyah died, there were these miners who were excavating a well on the island. Suddenly went mad. Bled themselves dry. No apparent reason. So, the legend spread that these miners, in exchange for a drop of their blood, saw visions of their lost loved ones in the well they were digging. The world traveled and explorers sought out the well to see if the legend was true." Shane explained.

"So, the well was magic?" Bonnie asked.

Shane stopped walking and turned to look at us, "yea. Some people believe the voices of lost souls were just a wind vortex whipping through caves. And visions were caused by inhaling the island's poisonous plant life."