Chapter Twenty-Three

Sorry, the way I usually upload the gif isn't working. Idk why.
The Five

Damon, Elena and Bonnie went to Whitmore College so Damon can teach Elena how to feed. Elena doesn't want Stefan or I to help her because we have both had feeding issues, while Caroline is too good and she won't be patient with Elena.

On the other hand, this professor who took over Bonnie's grams class at that college, invited Bonnie over to visit his class. So, Elena and Damon joined.

Stefan and I just walked into Klaus' house to find out more about 'The Five.' Yesterday, when the bomb went off at the hospital, Conner didn't die. Klaus took him.

"Looks like I'll have to beef up the hybrid security detail." Klaus said to Stefan and I. He has Conner, tied up, in a room at his house.

"We were going to take him, but I figured you went through such trouble to truss him up in your red room of pain." Stefan replied.

"It's from the inquisition. I thought it was a nice touch." Klaus said.

"What did you get out of him?" I asked.

"Not enough." Klaus answered, "he's mum about the council fire and he's not saying anything about this greater evil were all supposed to be shivering over. What brings you two snooping?"

"Well, I can't say it in front of him. As I'm sure you've figured out, our friend here can't be compelled." Stefan answered.

"You're full of mysteries, aren't you?" Klaus asked Conner.

"I told you, I don't know anything." Conner answered.

"Thankfully, I know plenty." Klaus replied. Klaus walked to the door way. "Shall we?" He asked Stefan and I, holding his arm out to the other room. Stefan and I followed and Klaus closed the door behind us. "So what's with the home invasion?" Klaus asked.

"Damon said you knew something about this guy. I should have figured you were up to something when you healed Elena from the werewolf poison without asking for anything in return." Stefan said to Klaus.

"I was feeling benevolent." He replied.

"You're never benevolent." I told Klaus and he smiled.

"Who is this guy? What's the five?" Stefan asked.

"So many questions." Klaus commented.

"It's a good thing we have nothing to do today except get answers out of you." Stefan responded.

"Fine." Klaus said, "you two might actually be useful in persuading my sister to cooperate. The brotherhood of the five was a group of highly skilled vampire hunters. We crossed paths with them in the twelfth century. Italy. My siblings and I had followed the Normans as they conquered the south. Feeding, turning people as we went.Bur with the bloodshed cake exposure." He explained.

"So these hunters have been around for 900 years?" I asked.

"Well, our friend in the other room is the first I've seen since then. Kind of makes you wonder what they've been up to all these years."

"And Rebekah has a thing with one of them?" Stefan asked.

"Oh, she didn't just have a thing. She fell in love with him. He told her all his secrets. Which I will haley share with the both of you... provided you do one thing for me."

"And what's that?" Stefan asked.

"Get Rebekah over here. She's being stubborn. And hateful. I need to make peace with her. I want her to give me some very important information about the hunter, which she won't do unless she believes we've made up." Klaus explained.