Chapter Thirty-Seven

What Happens in Willoughby

"If they so much as even scratch the paint on my car." Damon said grabbing the gallons of gas from the trunk of the car Stefan and I drove here with.

When Damon was in New York with Elena, Rebekah made a surprise visit. They teamed up, snapped Damon's neck, and stole his car along with the lead he had on Katherine.

"Well, just be grateful Sheriff Forbes was able to track down the car after you let them, uh... you know, steal it from you." Stefan told him.

"Remind me to send her some mini-muffins. Do we really need ten gallons of gas or are you making me just lug this around as punishment?" Damon asked.

"Well, they ditched your car after it ran out of fuel. We have to fill it up. We have a hundred miles before we get to Willoughby." I said.

"Yea, well, I don't remember that name from the list of places that I got in New York." Damon responded.

"Oh, the list. You mean the list they stole from right under your nose after you let your guard down?" Stefan asked sarcastically, "they'll be there."

Damon opened the gas tank and started to pour the gas in.

"Sheriff Forbes tracked down the car they stole after yours." I told Damon.

"Screw the muffins. I'll get her champagne if Elena is wherever it may be."

"Willoughby— the creamed corn capital of Pennsylvania." Stefan smiled, "they'll be there. Let's just hope we get to them before they get to the cure."

"Ooh, silver lining. If Rebekah takes the cure, then she's mortal. And then we can just kill her right then and there." Damon suggested.

"Ooh, dark cloud. Elena stays a vampire forever. Look, why don't you just table the revenge fantasies for now and just keep your eye on the prize? Find Katherine, get the cure, get out before you get your neck snapped."

"Again." I added.

"Believe me, I learned my lesson. Elena without humanity is a stone cold both. And so won't trust her until we get the old Elena back." Damon said.

"Look at that. We're finally on the same page about something." Stefan smiled.

"Look at that." Damon repeated.

\||\

After a few hours of driving, we finally got to Willoughby. We were walking and saw the car they stole.

"Somethings not right." Damon said, "Katherine Pierce does not hole up in Hickstown, PA."

"Well, this is definitely the car they stole. We're in the right place." Stefan said.

Damon looked inside the Porsche, the car the stole, "points to them for their choice of vehicles."

"So, let me ask you something. What happens when we find Elena? How do we get back to antic Falls? I mean, she's not exactly gonna go quietly. And she has an original vampire as her bodyguard." Stefan asked.

"We do whatever we have to do. I don't care if we have to throw Rebekah under a school bus and wrap Elena in a burlap sack. We do whatever we have to do." Damon said.

"I'm serious." Stefan responded.

"I am, too. I don't care what Elena wants right now. She is so close to going off the rails for good. and that isn't happening. She's a pain enough as it is."

"What happened to the guy who though Elena should embrace being a vampire, let the chips fall where they may?" Stefan asked.

"That guy got his neck snapped in New York. And this guy is royally pissed off." Damon answered and continued walking.