Chapter Twenty-Seven

Sire Bond

"Sired? Really Caroline?" I asked. She called me early to school so she could tell me something important.

"Look, it was Damon's blood that turned her, right? I mean, she's been different since day one because of him." She explained, "even ask Stefan."

"Elena isn't aired to Damon." I told her, "wait, Stefan knows?"

Caroline nodded.

"Why—"

"—Bonnie, Elena, hey, is everything okay?" Caroline cut me off.

"Yea. Why wouldn't it be?" She asked.

"Caroline said you had to move out to stay away from Jeremy." Bonnie said. 

"Matt is at the house staying with him right now to make sure he keeps all of his hunter stuff in control. He's okay." Elena replied.

"But are you? I mean, clearly, they don't have a flat iron at hotel Salvatore." Caroline laughed, commenting on Elena's hair in a bun.

"Oh. I was in a rush." Elena took her hair out, "do you girls have any plans tonight? I'm in desperate need of some girl time."

"Yea, I'm in. Shane taught me some small spells I've been wanting to try." Bonnie said.

"Oh, creepy professor guy is just Shane now." I teased.

"He's not creepy." Bonnie defended.

"We're not judging." Elena said. 

"I am." Caroline smiled.

"Don't listen to her." Elena laughed, "so girls' night? We can raid the Salvatore wine cellar."

"Are you sure Stefan and Damon are cool with us crashing at their place?" Caroline asked.

"I can't go home because my brother is trying to kill me. So their place is mine now, too. I'll see you in a bit." Elena said then walked off.

\||\

"I talked to Tyler about the sire bond." Caroline told me while we were away from everyone.

"And?" I asked.

"The sire bond exists because the hybrids are grateful to Klaus for relieving them from the pain of having to wolf out every full moon, and that's why they have to turn until they're not ruled by the pain anymore." She explained.

"Right, but Elena isn't a werewolf. So what's the vampire equivalent?" I asked.

"Well, that's the problem. There isn't one." Caroline answered and I sighed.

\||\

Caroline, Bonnie, Elena, and I were at Stefan and Damon's, without them. "One for you, one for you, and one for you." She said and handed Bonnie, Caroline and I a bottle of champagne.

Bonnie grabbed the blood bag that was once sitting next to the bottles, "I'm assuming this is either for Caroline or Ellie."