Chapter Thirty-Three

Magic Well pt.2

Bonnie, Jeremy and I were following Shane into a cave. In the cave, was the well Shane was talking about. He set his bag down and started digging through it.

"This is as far as I go." Massak said.

"We're on the brink of a monumental event in human history. We're gonna raise the most powerful immortal creature that ever was. Come on, our work isn't done yet." Shane told him.

"Mine is. You said get the kid, witch and banshee. I did. I want to get paid now."

Shane went into his bag and grabbed the tombstone. He handed Massak it.

"I'll say a prayer for your souls." Massak said before leaving.

"That's what the tombstone was for? To pay off a mercenary?" Bonnie asked Shane.

"The core of that tombstone is made up of Qetsiyah's calcified blood. In some witch circles, that stone is more valuable than the hope diamond." Shane looked down the well, "so... who wants to go down first?"

We all hesitated at first. I took a deep breath before jumping down. I looked around and it was dark. The only light was coming from above the well.

Then, Jeremy threw his rope down and slid down it. Bonnie came after. When she was towards the bottom, she slipped and fell onto the floor. Jeremy and I rushed towards her.

"Are you okay?" Jeremy asked.

"Yea, I just slipped." She answered.

She groaned and looked at her hand. Her glove ripped, causing her to bleed. She took her glove off and Jeremy wrapped it in a cloth. We helped her up.

"Hey, guys. I'm coming down." Shane told us.

"What is going to happen once you cast the spell on Jeremy's tattoo and there's nothing in between Shane and Silas?" I asked.

"Do you trust me?" She asked.

I nodded.

"The trust me when I promise I won't let Shane raise Silas." Bonnie said.

"Just don't do anything stupid. If your expression gets out of hand, Shane is the only one hat could help you keep in control." Jeremy told her, looking out for her.

"Don't worry about me. I'm fine." Bonnie said, "but if Shane tries to lift a finger on his hand to hurt either one of us... I'll kill him myself."

We grabbed our stuff, then Shane came down. We started to walk deeper into the cave.

"It's just amazing, isn't it? Once we raise Silas, all of our sacrifices will have been worthwhile; we'll all have what we want." Shane told us, looking around.

"Or he'll kill us all." Bonnie said.

"Listen, you're gonna see I'm right. Just so you don't get any ideas, remember, anything happened to me, something a lot worse will happen to you." Shane told her.

"Alright. Where's this stupid magic passage she needs to open?" Jeremy asked.

Shane looked at me.

"I have no idea how I'm suppose to look for this." I said.

"Just relax. Close your eyes and follow the voices." Shane told me.

I took a deep breath before closing my eyes. It was silent until I heard whispers. A lot of whispers. I gasped, opening my eyes.

"What is it?" Shane asked.