Chapter Twenty-Two

The Rager

I stood outside of the classroom, not wanting to go in. I stared inside the room and already felt tears forming in my eyes. I also felt Stefan and Elena's eyes on me.

Stefan sighed, "First time we've been back in Alaric's classroom."

I felt someone bump into me, pushing me into the classroom.

"Morning, everyone." A thick accent said. Rebekah. I rolled my eyes. "So I'm throwing a little anti-curfew party at my new house. Starts in the fifth period, goes to whenever. Spread the word." She said handing out green flyers to everyone in the class. "You're welcome to join, Elena, if you'd like to bury the hatchet."

I took a look around the room then went to sit next to Elena.

"It's a pretty enormous hatchet." Elena said to Rebekah.

"Well, I'm feeling generous of spirit."

I looked at the flyer. "New house, huh? Did your brother finally kick you out?" I asked.

"He didn't kick me out. I left." Rebekah answered.

"So you left the only person on earth that actually likes you?" Elena asked.

Rebekah stayed silent before answering, "well, your boyfriend liked me once. Actually, a lot more than once."

"Why are you still in town, Rebekah?" Stefan asked. "Don't you have anywhere else to go?"

"Well, history's my favorite class. Actually, where is Mr. Saltzman?" She asked looking around. "Oh, thats right." She looked back at us. "I killed him." She whispered.

I felt my blood begin to boil. I squeezed my fists, tightly. Elena took her pencil and threw it at Rebekah. She caught it and threw it back into Elena's shoulder. Rebekah smiled. Elena pulled the pencil out of her and ran outside of the classroom. Stefan and I followed.

"Just breathe. You haven't felt this much rage before." Stefan told her.

"I hate her." Elena said with anger. "I didn't think I was capable of hate, but I hate her and hate that I hate her." She paused. "That's the hunter." She said looking behind Stefan and I.

We turned around and saw Conner.

"What the hell is he doing her?" I asked.

"Jeremy." Elena said as we saw Conner going up to him. "No." Elena was about to go up to him but Stefan stopped her.

"No, no. You get this, okay?" He said holding her hand covered in blood. "I got that." Stefan said and headed towards Jeremy.

\||\

"It was a valiant first-day effort. No one will judge you two if you want to go home." Caroline said to Elena and me.

"I don't want to go home. I want to take the white-oak stake and kill her." I said in anger, talking about Rebekah. The way she talked about Alaric made me so mad. "That's how mad I am. She made me murderous."

"How about we just leave the murdering to Damon?" Stefan suggested.

"And then do what? Ignore her to death?" Elena asked. Her and I are probably on the same level of anger right now.

"Look, she's trying to make herself feel better. She knows that everybody hates her, so she's trying to hate harder." Stefan said. "Tell you what. Let's just skip the rest of the day, go have some fun. I feel like this day is severely lacking in fun."