Time To Say Goodbye

Chapter 7

Hey. Here is chapter 7, hope you enjoy. If you do please vote, comment or follow :)

Ian

Dressed in suits we headed to the funeral. It was such short notice. I’m surprised the suit still fitted me. I’ve had this for three years. I hardly wear it.

“Iannnnn” Anthony called from his room.

I left my own room and went to see what he wanted.

I peered my head in the door. Anthony turned around.

“Can you help me with my tie please?”

“Sure thing” I smiled.

I did it and looked into his eyes. You could get lost in them. Actually they looked lost.

He looked so handsome in a suit.

“You look so handsome in that suit” he said.

“I was just thinking the same thing about you! Can you read my mind?” I said jokingly.

I know it was no time for jokes. It was the day of Anthony’s dad’s funeral but I just want to lighten the mood. Anthony is so nervous; he keeps biting his bottom lip.

“You can do this, I’m so proud of you. Have you written your speech?” I asked.

“Nope. I wasn’t in the mood to. I know it’s bad but I’ll just make it up on the spot”

“Anthony… I’m not sure if that’s a good id-“

“It is. Now please let’s just get this over and done with” he snapped.

“Yeah… okay” I mumbled behind him as he left the room.

We drove to the church which was a short drive. His mother and two brothers were outside.

“I’m so sorry for your loss” I said and kissed his mother on the cheek. I ruffled the younger brothers hair and shook the older ones (after Anthony) hand. The younger ones eyes still puffy. The older one trying to be tough. It must be so hard for them.

“You’re a good man Ian” Anthony’s mother said.

I left Anthony with them so they could have some privacy.

I took my seat up the very front as a family friend. I was going to be with my Anthony the whole time. It breaks my heart to see him this upset. I really hope he’ll be okay.

I’m upset too but it’s not as if I seen Anthony’s dad all the time. He was hardly around. Yeah we were close enough but obviously not as close as Anthony and the others were. I feel guilty for not feeling really really bad or upset, I feel like I should.

His poor family, his wife was sitting staring into space. She looked horrible. I mean she was really worn out; she looked like an emotional wreck. She wasn’t outside greeting the guests with Anthony and his family, she seemed like she wasn’t able to move or even stand.

I brought a card with me but I left it in the car. The venue after was being held in one of Anthony’s dads favorite restaurants. The restaurant is very kind to do so.

After five minutes Anthony and his family walked in. Everyone took their seats and the funeral began.