Fireworks

Anthony

"Rockin' around the Christmas tree, at the Christmas party hop" We hummed along as it was playing on the radio.

We were in the middle of trying to make gingerbread men and a big gingerbread house.

 We were helping Ian's mom make the food for the party tonight. It was New Year’s Eve and was going to be a busy day.

 I'm glad to start another year with Ian as mine and can't wait for what will happen next year.

There was going to be lots of party food, mostly finger food and sweets and cakes.

Once the different parts of the house which were dismantled were in the oven to bake we had to go get food and drinks for the party. We had to get stuff to decorate the house too and stuff to stick it all together which we would do when it's done baking obviously.

Cheryl gave us money and a list of the food and drink we needed to get.

It was a five or ten minute drive to the supermarket and we got lots of stuff.

We got five frozen pizzas, two bags of mini chicken goujons, two packets of cocktail sausages and three huge bags of fries.

We also got jelly beans, a bumper pack of tortilla chips and dips, peanuts and different bits and pieces for people to snack on.

We got a lot of beer and alcohol.

After we paid we made our way back home. Well it isn't my home but I really felt at home in Ian's parent’s house.  They were so welcoming and the atmosphere was really nice.

Was I nervous for tonight? Yes. Parties were never really my thing.

Ian's dad went to collect the fireworks for tonight.

Everybody in the neighborhood was going to this and all Ian's family too. I think my mom is coming too with the kids.

We stuck the gingerbread house together and stuck on so many sweets onto it and icing too. Ian was busy decorating but I was waiting for his dad to get home. I had to ask him a really important question.

He got home just as the gingerbread house was nearly done.

"I'll be back in a minute I want to see the type of fireworks your dad got" I lied.

When I was done I came back into the kitchen to see the gingerbread house complete.

"Ta dah!" Ian said with the icing bags in his hand.

He accidentally squeezed it and it went all over my arm.

"Ian" I shouted.

"Haha sorry man"

"That's it" I grabbed the strawberry icing bag and squeezed it all over him.

It turned into an icing fight until Cheryl stopped us.

"Boys what are you doing?" She asked in shock.

We both stood still not moving like two kids.

"The party is at 6:30 and the place needs to be spotless. Clean it up" she instructed.

"Sorry" we both said but Ian included mom at the end.

"Its fine but we really need to get ready it's nearly four"

"We've finished the house" Ian said.

"Oh good! It's looks great I'll put it on the middle of the table now so it's safe"