'Happy' New Year

a/n; Happy New Year!

dedicated to all my beautiful readers 💗💜💙

-

"Alright. I want all the fireworks to be absolutely perfect, The food must taste not just great but perfect- Everything must be perfect or else you'll all face the consequences." Alexander threatened, making all the workers nod frantically before running around.

"He never changes does he?" Martha sighed, drinking her cup of tea "What do you expect? It's Alexander." Her husband replied.

"Yeah..." Martha smiled softly "Though eversince he met John, he became more... Caring, don't you think?" She asks.

"That, I notice." George chuckles "I think everyone did." He continued.

"They are getting closer each day, and as each day pass- I can see that Alexander's feelings are getting stronger.." She mumbled.

"But he is conflicted, especially since Elizabeth came." George replied "But Eliza is falling for another, she just doesn't realize it yet."

"Or she is denying it." Martha gritted her teeth "You know her step-mom.."

George sighed "Right, that woman is a homophobe, if she finds out that another one of her children are gay she's gonna flip." He hissed.

"Why did Philip remarry with her anyway? I just don't understand why he left Catherine, she was a beautiful-kind woman..." Martha frowned "Why did he replace her with someone like...her?" She hissed.

Martha then averted her gaze to her son "I just hope they
both realize their feelings soon..."

George then looked down "Why do I have a bad feeling about this...?"

-

Small sobs could be heard on the dark hallway, a lone frenchman, stood their- crying his eyes out at the call he just recieved.

Lafayette was leaning on the wall, his phone on his hands "Merde.."

He furiously wiped the tears away from his face and grabbed the ring from his pocket.

"Je ne vous abandonne pas..." He mumbled determinedly.

"pas maintenant, jamais..."

-

"Where are you going Maria?" Eliza asks, pouting.

"O-oh.. I-I'm just gonna visit my aunt for a bit- I'll be back later, I promise." She smiles.

Eliza looked worried "Do you want me to take you there? You know, Your uncle might--"

"Don't worry Eli." She smiled reassuringly "I'll be fine, I'm a big girl now."

Eliza smiled a bit "O-okay, just be safe.. I don't know what i'll do if something happens to you.."

Maria looked at her with a thankful expression "Don't worry, I'll be back before you know i'm gone."

Maria then tiptoed towards Eliza and kissed her cheek.

"B-bye!" She squeaked out and left in a hurry, leaving a shocked Eliza.

After a solid minute, Eliza grinned ear to ear and pinched her cheeks "Control yourself! It was just a platonic kiss!"

Nevertheless, Eliza kept jumping up and down.

"Eliza..." She stopped when she heard a familiar voice behind her "Ah- Peggy! Angelica!"

Eliza happily hopped towards her sisters and hugged them "Advanced Happy New Year!"