The Revelation

a/n: oh look another angsty chapter

this chapter is dedicated to @Multifandom_bitxh

-

"John's skipping school?"

"Unfortunately, yes." Theodosia sighed "He isn't feeling well today..."

"But it's the first day of classes after Christmas break!" Hercules exclaimed "He doesn't want to miss it."

"Look Herc.." Theodosia sighed "John isn't... Emotionally stable right now.." She exclaimed "You should go, you wouldn't want to miss your classes don't you?"

Hercules frowned "O-okay.." He fixed his scarf and opened the door "See you later, Theo."

"Be safe."

-

"In the year 1801, the son of the founding father...."

Hercules couldn't concentrate, all he could think about was John. He was so worried about him, especially since that evil bitch suddenly barged in their lives.

"Mulligan!"

Hercules snapped out of it "M-mam!?"

The teacher looked angry "Don't space off during my class,"

"I-i'm sorry Ms. Fleming... I-it won't happen again.." He apoligized, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck.

The teacher sighed "Alright, please take your seat."

Hercules still didn't listen.

-

"Herc, bud- You alright?"

Hercules' thoughts were interrupted by Samuel "Huh? Y-yeah, I'm fine..."

"Are you sure?" Samuel looked worried "Don't worry about me, worry about Maria instead." He said, trying to avert the subject from his.

Samuel frowned and looked at Maria, who was sulking in the table there on the corner, James sitting by her side "Let's go over there--"

"You go ahead, I'm not gonna attend classes this afternoon- I'm gonna go home now.." Hercules mumbled as he stood up, throwing his backpack in his shoulder.

Samuel looked surprised "Are you sure? You wo--"

"Goodbye Samuel."

-

Hercules was walking on the sidewalk, glancing left and right to see the snowy view.

He sighed as he tugged his scarf to a better angle, breathing slowly.

His gaze was suddenly stuck to a woman standing still in the middle of the sidewalk.

Hercules hesitated to take a step, he slowly walked towards the frozen woman, conflicted on whether or not to snap her out of her trance.

The woman suddenly turned around, making Hercules squeak in surprise "O-oh! S-sorry!"

The woman had an accent, it was familiar but he couldn't seem to point out what. She looked pale, which made her blush more visible, under her eyes were huge bags, and her hair was tied into a neat bun.

"Oh, don't apologize.. It was my fault.." Hercules said, smiling.

The woman looked relieved "Oh, well... It was nice meeting you sir, I must take my leave now..." She said.

Hercules' gaze was averted to the heavy bags besides the woman's foot.

"Hey..." Hercules hesitated "Those look heavy, do you want me to carry those for you?"