Investigation

"Would you like anything else Philip?" John smiled warmly as he handed the small boy a new plastic of goods for the road.

"This is good, thank you.." He mumbled in response, looking away from him in shame.

It has been three weeks since his arguement with George, and he still hasn't seen nor heard from him eversince. But after his arguement with him, he had tried his best to search for Philip, whom he had found today.

And now all that's left for his plan is to follow him home and see the truth himself.

"Thank you again.. For this, I really can't thank you enough.." Philip muttered, loud enough for John to hear "It's no biggie," John grinned "Want me to escort you home?"

Almost immediently, Philip screamed "N-NO!" His eyes were wide "I-I.." He started regaining his composure "It's fine, I can handle myself."

John looked worried, his eyebrows crunching "You sure?"

"Yeah, I-I'll see myself out now.. Thank you again John.. B-bye!" Philip smiled slyly before hurrying off.

"W-wait!" John stopped himself fron continuing before shaking his head and running after him.

And like a snake, he swiftly followed Philip home.

-

This time, it was a woman who came out of the door.

George inhaled, scrunching his eyebrows. It was the first time a woman came out to greet him in the span of three weeks since he spied on Philip, and honestly- He felt a bit reassured.

George watched as Philip tremble infront of her. He looks so fragile, he thought. He has never seen the poor boy more afraid, and at this point he started to wonder if the woman was far more worse than his father.

He started to worry, but all the worry disappeared when the woman kissed Philip on the forehead, caressed his face with her glove-coated hand in which Philip replied with a cry.

"George?"

"OH MY STARS-" George's fright was immediently cut off by a hand on his mouth "Shh! Shut it! I knew it was you!"

George looked at the man infront of him in disbelief "John? Wha- How? How did you..?"

"I followed him here but got lost, then I thought I saw a familiar back, and it turned out to be you!" John grinned "So, is this the place?"

George gulped "Yeah, but.." He looked at Philip's direction "But it isn't him this time."

"Him? What do you mean?" John looked at where he was looking "Is that his mom? She looks... Nice?"

"No... No, something's wrong." George mumbled "Normally, it's the father who comes and greets him."

"So? What do you mean?" John raised a brow, but George couldn't utter a word "I-I-"

Their conversation was cut short by a scream.

John and George immediently looked back at the source, which was back at Philip's direction.

They saw a man grab the woman's hair from behind and get pulled back in such incredible force. Philip then responded with a scream, and was about to run away when the man also grabbed his foot.

The two were to shocked to move, but was awokened to reality when they heard the door closed.

All they heard were screaming.

"We have to go to the police." George immediently said before standing up.

John then stood up as well "But wouldn't it be quicker to just call them!?"

"It'll take them a whole hour before they get here, it'll be better to fetch them ourselves." George said before pulling John's hand.

"W-wait--" John suddenly felt his phone vibrating, he picked it up- Not bothering to see who was calling.

"John? Where are you?" Alexander's voice was heaven to his ears, but was then replaced by fear because of the strict tone on his voice "I-I d-don't k-know--"

"My tracker is picking your phone up from so far away, what're you doing there!?" Alexander yelled, anger and worry filled his voice.

"I-I--" John was cut off.

"Hurry up John! We don't have enough time!" George screamed in frustration.

"George!? Is that George with you?! Where are you two!? Don't tell me your at that kid's--"

"WE HAVE TO GO!" George screamed for the final time before finally pulling John away in such incredible speed, causing John to drop his phone onto the ground, leaving it close to where Philip resided.

"John?! John!? Answer me right now!? John?!"

"JOHN!?"