Chapter 9

The next day I'm all of two steps out of my room when I'm ambushed. This time I'm tackled to the ground.

"Oowww!" I moan.

I look up to see Sawyer. He rolls me over so I'm lying on my back and pins my arms down.

"Hey!" I complain.

"Ryder and Leo want to talk to you." He sings in my face.

"I don't care. Get off me. You're squishing me." I whine.

"Wow you really are a baby." Sawyer says, climbing off me and pulling me up.

"No I'm not." I object.

"Yeah you are." He says, holding onto my arm and dragging me to Leo's room.

"Let go of me you idiot." I command Sawyer.

So he throws me on the floor. Lovely. Leo and Ryder laugh at me.

"What do you want from me?" I ask them from my spot on the floor.

"We need you to do something for us." Leo starts.

"What?" I ask cautiously.

"We need you to go find something of mine out of Cameron's room." Ryder explains.

"Nope. No. No way. I'm not going in Cameron's room. He'll kill me. I'm scared of Hunter when I go into his room without asking. Cam is ten times more scary." I rant, turning around to leave only to be blocked by Sawyer.

"Let me out." I beg my brother.

"Not gonna happen." Sawyer says.

"Well if you don't go in there we'll just tell Cam you did. And what if you go in and don't get caught?" Leo says, grabbing me by my arm and pulling me towards them.

"Nooo!" I complain. "Cam will hurt me. I'm scared of Hunter hurting me. Cam is older and stronger. That's not fair. Why don't you go in his room."

"Because it's more fun if we make you go." Ryder grins.

"But Cam can't hurt you guys. He can easily hurt me." I whine.

"Too bad." Leo mimics my whining.

"But" I cant think of anything else to point out.

Ryder laughs at me.

"So are u gonna go?" Leo asks.

"Do I have a choice?" I complain.

"Nope!" Ryder says happily.

"So go now." Leo shoves me toward the door.

"You want me to go now?" I complain.

"Yeah. Duh." Ryder says.

Both of them push me towards the door.

"Wait! What am I looking for?"

"My phone charger. Cam has had it for a week." Ryder tells me.

"Fine." I huff and get pushed into the hall.

I sneak done the hall and peak into Cameron's room. He's not in there. I look back down the hall to make sure he's not coming and duck into his room. I begin to search around his room. Nothing in his electrical outlets so I start digging through his desk drawers. Still nothing. I'm about to move on to the bed side table when I hear a voice behind me.

"Whatcha doing Em?"

I whip around to see Cameron standing in the doorway.

"Uhh nothing." I say smartly.

"Why are you in my room?" He takes a step towards me and I flinch.

"I just came to get something." I lie.

I hope not ratting out my three oldest brothers will save me some tormenting.

"Yeah right." Cam laughs.

He moves to grab my arm but I bolt out the door and down the hall. I get to Leo's room and dive in for safety. Once Cam gets to the door he stops and glares at me. Leo, Ryder and Sawyer are all in there with me. They start laughing when they see Cam in the doorway.

"Wow Emma, you really suck at sneaking around places. You always get caught." Leo laughs.

"Not funny." I say, hiding behind Ryder in hopes he'll protect me.

"Why'd you guys send her in my room?" Cam questions my older brothers.

"For my charger. You've had it forever." Ryder says.

"I'm leaving now." I announce as soon as I realize Cam's more mad at the guys then he is at me.

They just continue their bickering as I slip out. Then I bump into the fifth brother. Hunter.

"Hey Emma. What are they arguing about?" Hunter asks me.

Hunter is surprisingly well liked by my other brothers. He never gets picked on despite the fact that he is the youngest boy.

"Ryder's phone charger." I tell him.

I say and quickly dart away from him before he has another chance to bring up stealing my phone.