Chapter 25

(Emma's POV)

Brynn and I strolled back into the house after our evening out with my mom. We were both kind of dreading coming back. I still don't know how they were reacting. I mean were they gonna be their usual annoying selves and tease me about being a baby or do they genuinely feel bad.

When we got to the entry hall nobody was there. I thought definitely Hunter and Logan would be there begging for our forgiveness. Maybe they don't care anymore. That means they're gonna tease me then.

We decide to head up the stairs. Hunter's door was closed which means he was in there. So was Cameron's. We try to walk casually to my room but we got stopped. This time it was Ryder.

"Hey! Guys." He calls from the depths of his dark room.

We stop and wait for him to come talk to us.

He crosses his arms and leans on the door frame.

"I'm sorry those idiots forgot you outside." He apologizes.

The boys must have filled him in on the happenings from earlier today.

"Yeah I'm sure you are." I snort, rolling my eyes.

I try to start heading to my room again but Ryder sticks out his strong arm to stop me.

"Hey you're not pissed at me, are you?" He asks.

"Well you helped them tie me there." I pointed out, pushing his arm out of my way to continue to my room.

Again, Ryder stops me. This time he grabs the back of my shirt and kind of bungees me back.

"Hey!" I squawk in protest.

He plants his free hand on Brynn's shoulder to keep her here as well.

"So what? It was Hunter's idea. This all happened because Hunter was mad at you two for letting us tease him. Be mad at him." Ryder says.

"You could have stopped him. You're older. And stronger. And nicer." I huff, wiggling around, trying to get out of his grip.

"Emma. We were teasing you. Hunter was just being over dramatic. Don't be a baby about this." He reasons.

"Calling me a baby isn't helping you." I pout, still squirming.

"Are you mad at me too Brynny?" Ryder turns his attention to my best friend.

She scowls at him.

"I'm gonna take that as a yes. Geez, I didn't forget you guys. Don't be mad at me. I do feel bad for tying you to the tree. Be mad at Cam. He was supposed to responsible in this situation." Ryder says.

I continue to wiggle, trying to ignore my brother. He sighs and rolls his eyes. Then he readjusts his grip on my shirt and picks right up off the ground.

"Ryder! Ryder put me down." I squeal.

"Do you forgive me?" He says with big puppy dog eyes.

"Fineeeee. Now put me down!" I order, flailing my arms and legs slightly.

"Hold up." He says, grinning.

Clearly he enjoys me being tormented. Then he turns to Brynn.

"Do you forgive me Brynny?" He asks with his same eyes.

She frowns and crosses her arms. Clearly not forgiving him.

He smirks a little.

"I mean, do you forgive me BRYNN." He repeats, emphasizing her name.

"I guess." She grumbles.

"Yay." He cheers and drops me to the floor.

"Ow!" I complain from the ground.

He just smirks and heads back into his cave of a room. Brynn smiles at me and then pulls me to my feet.

Then Hunter's door creeks open and Cameron comes out. His eyes light up when he sees us standing there.

"Hey! You guys are back." He exclaims, heading over to us

We both take a step back.

"I guess." I mumble.

"Logan and Hunter want to talk to you guys." Cam says.

"Logan should go back to his own house." I mutter.

"I'm sure he'd say the same thing about Brynny  over there." He nods his head in her direction.

"Shut up Cameron!" Brynn cries whacking his arm.

Cam uses the opportunity to grab Brynn's wrist and spin her around so he's got his arm in front of her too.

"Cameron!" She complains.

"Come on Brynn. Emma, c'mon. We want to talk to you guys." Cam says and walks with Brynn to Hunter's room.

I groan and trail after them. I know they won't do anything mean to us if they're trying to get our forgiveness.

Cameron lets go of Brynn and let's her sit on Hunter's bed. I follow them in and stand with my arms crossed beside Brynn.

"What?" I ask.

"You know what. We're sorry!" Hunter says.

"Good for you. I don't care. I'm still mad at you." I say.

"Tell is how you will forgive us then." Logan says.

"I don't know." I whine. "Can we go now?"

"Emma! Seriously. Just forgive us already." Cameron sighs.

"Cameron! I don't know. Can't you just leave me alone?" I complain, sinking down onto Hunter's bed.

"I don't want you guys to be mad at us anymore. It's not fun. We said we're sorry!" Hunter says.

"Just talk to me tomorrow. I'm tired." I say.

Hunter groans and flops down face first on his bed.

"Whatever." Cam sighs and gestures for us to leave.

We jump up and scurry over to the door and to my bedroom.

————————————————————————
Thank you guys so much for 4k reads. I can't believe that many people want to read my writing!