Chapter 30

(Hunter's POV)

I'm lying on my bed playing a video game on my tv when Leo barges in. I jump.

"What?" I ask, pausing my game.

"I have some news for you." Leo starts.

"Well what is it? I'm kinda busy here." I gesture to the screen.

"I promise you, your game's not gonna matter after this." He says with an evil grin.

That intrigues me. He knows I really like my games.

"Our baby sister, has been texting a boy." Leo smirks.

I just about explode.

"Are you serious! Who?" I growl.

"I don't know. There wasn't a name, just a cell phone number but you could tell by the texts it was a guy." He responds.

"What was the phone number?" I question, pulling out my phone.

Maybe I already have the number in my contacts.

"Yeah, like I'm gonna remember that." He snorts.

"Geez you're useless." I mutter, climbing off the bed and heading to the door.

"Hey! Watch it baby brother. I could easily beat you right here." Leo says, stopping me with his arm.

I ignore his threat. I knew he was right.

"Where is she?" I ask.

"She's locked in her room. She's not letting us in."

"I can pick the lock." I announce and head to my mom's room.

I always have to get bobby pins from my mom's bathroom when Emma has locked herself in her room. If I'm picking a different lock then I get them from Emma's bathroom because that's way closer.

I head up to the third floor where my mom's bedroom is, and where none of us really ever go. I open the first drawer in her bathroom and pull out a couple bobby pins. I fly back down the stairs to Emma's door.

Cam, Sawyer, Leo and Alexander are all sitting against the wall outside her room.

"Where's Ryder?" I ask, fiddling with the pins.

"At work. If he were here, he could get Emma to open the door. Emma likes him the best." Sawyer sighs.

I nod and fold the bobby pins into the right shape. I stick it into the little lock whole thing and jimmy it around.

I hear the lock click. I grin in triumph and try to push the door open, but it's stuck. I lean on it, using all my might.

"There's something blocking the door." I say to the rest of my brothers.

"She's a smart one." Cam mumbles.

I can hear the patter of feet inside of Emma's room. They come over to the door and I can hear the lock re-lock.

"Emma. Open the door." I say, pounding on the door.

"No!" She calls back.

"You wouldn't be this standoff-ish if there wasn't something going on." I call through the door.

My brothers snicker behind me.

"Or you guys just overreact." She replies form the other side.

"We aren't the ones who barricaded ourselves in our rooms." Alexander calls.

"That's so you guys won't hurt me." She yells back.

"We would only hurt you if there was something worth hurting you over." Leo scoffs.

"I'm sure." She says sarcastically.

"Fine. You can't stay in there forever. And soon Ryder's gonna be here too." I shout and slide my back down the wall so I'm sitting beside Cam.

"And Logan." Leo adds, pointing at me and signalling me to call him.

"Whatever." She huffs.

I assume you're wondering why I care so much about this if I'm usually pick on Emma all the time. Well first of all, she's my twin. Even if she won't admit it, she's the closest with me. She may not like me the best but we are closer than the rest of the guys. We've always been in the same classes and had the same friends.

Also the fact that she's the baby of the family. We all call her the baby because she hates it so much. And since she's the youngest, ( even if it is only by 20 minutes) we all have a protective instinct over her. I think we all have some difficulties seeing her growing up. And we don't want some boy to break her heart.

Then we hear the front door open from downstairs.

"Mom's home." Sawyer sighs.

"Guys?" Mom calls out.

"We're upstairs." Leo hollers back.

"Where's your sister?" She asks from the bottom of the stairs.

"Her room." I call back.

"Ok." She answers and heads to the kitchen.

"Emma's gonna hide behind when she comes out of her room." Alexander says.

"Obviously." Cam says, running his hand through his hair.

"Why don't you know who this is Hunter? You guys know all the same kids." Sawyer questions me.

"That idiot can't remember the phone number or else I probably could tell you." I point to Leo.

"That's it!" He says, jumping up and picking me up off the floor by my hoodie.

He hits me a couple times, not too hard but hard enough to get the point.

"Ok!" I say holding up my hands to block him, "I get the point."

"Good." Leo says and drops me back to my feet.

"Geez little brother, you handled that better than I thought you would." Cam laughs and tussles my blonde-light brown hair.

"Shut up!" I slap his hand away.

"Ok guys! Supper's ready!" Mom calls from the kitchen.

We all turn and look at Emma's door.

"She'll have to come out now." Leo smirks.

Just then Emma says from her room, "I'm not coming out until you guys are downstairs."

"She is smart." Alexander repeats what Cam had said earlier.

We give up and clomp down the stairs to the dining room. We can continue this after supper. And with two more guys to help us out.