Chapter 27

So after last night Brynn and I are both exhausted. My mom insisted that today Brynn and Logan have to go home today because they've been here for like 3 nights.

Just as I'm about to crawl my way out of bed, the door bursts open and Sawyer marches in. He flops down on my bed.

"What do you want?" I moan, laying back onto my pillows.

So much for getting out of bed.

"I heard about last night." He grins up at me.

"So?" I say, snuggling deeper into my covers.

In the process of my snuggling I end up kicking Brynn in the leg. She groans and sits up, blonde hair sticking up everywhere.

"Nice hair Brynny." Sawyer taunts.

She glares back at him.

"Anyways," my brother continues "I heard what you made them do."

"From who?" I ask.

"Cam. He was being all mad about it this morning." Sawyer responds.

"And why do I care?" I ask him.

"I just thought I'd inform you that he's mad." Sawyer shrugs.

"Good." I mutter.

Sawyer just smirks and shakes his head.

"He shouldn't be mad. He did that to get my forgiveness." I point out.

"I'm just telling you, baby." He holds up his hands in surrender.

"Shut up!" I say, whacking his arm.

"Hey! Calm down shortie." Sawyer grins at me.

I lunge at him and start hitting him. My efforts are useless though since he easily flips me onto my back and pins me down.

"Sawyer!" I whine, trying to kick him.

"You're the one who started it, loser." He smirks.

I frown and turn to Brynn for help.

"Brynn." I plead.

She leans forward, about to help me when Sawyer placed his hand on her shoulder.

"I wouldn't do that unless you want to get thrown in the pool."

Brynn shrinks back into her corner of my bed.

"Just get off Sawyer!" I complain.

"Geez Emma I thought you weren't a baby." Sawyer teases.

"You're not funny, stupid." I snap, still squirming.

He smirks and climbs off me but keeps hold of my wrists. He tugs me reluctantly to me feet.

"Sawyer!" I whine, trying to resist as much as I can.

"Come on, blondie. You're the one who started hitting me. I'm just finishing it." And with that Sawyer scoops me up and tosses me over his shoulder.

He skips down the stairs and into the living room but as soon as he enters the room he stops in his tracks. Since he was going so fast and then suddenly stopped my head banged against his muscular back.

"Ow! Sawyer!" I exclaim.

"Sawyer, put your sister down."

Oh my gosh. That's dad's voice!

"Dad!" I shriek.

Sawyer lets me slide off his shoulder and I run and jump into my dad's arms.

"I came back for a short visit." Dad announces.

"Yay!" I cheer, obviously more excited than my brother because I have someone else to protect me from them.

The rest of my brothers plus Logan, Alexander and Brynn file down the stairs after all my shrieking.

"God Emma, it's like 7 am. Shut up." Hunter mumbles.

Then he notices my dad.

"Hey!" He cries in surprise.

The rest of my brothers join him in greeting my dad and giving him hugs. I try to tip toe off to my room with Brynn afterwards but Sawyer stops me.

"Hey munchkin, we have unfinished business here." He says with an evil grin.

"No we don't." I say back.

"I think we do." He says, grinning at me.

I glance at Brynn who's on the stair beside me. I raise my eyebrows at her, asking if we should run.

"Don't even think about running, baby." He says, leaning forward and grabbing ahold of my wrist.

"Sawyer." I pout, struggling against his grip.

He pulls me off the stairs and into the living room where the rest of my brothers are. Oh no.
Brynn trails along trying to save me.

"Sawyer! I didn't even do anything!" I beg, digging my heels into the ground.

My socked feet end up just sliding across the hardwood flooring.

My brothers and the other two turn around at the commotion I'm making. Leo chuckles at my predicament.

"Stop!" I plead.

"Come on Emma. Don't be a baby." Sawyer hisses.

"Shut up." I snap.

"Oooh. Such big words from such a shorty." Alexander sings from his spot on the couch.

Hunter and Cam laugh as I glare.

"Leave me alone." I say, trying to break free of Sawyer's clutches.

"What happened?" Asks Ryder.

This is why he's the favourite.

"Nothing." I say.

"She was annoying me." Sawyer says, shrugging.

"No I wasn't. You came into my room first." I object, trying to hit him.

"Whatever." He snorts and dodges me.

Brynn is standing timidly in the corner. Obviously she won't be able to save me right now so I don't blame her.

Then a voice cuts through mine and my brothers bickering. Yay.

"Sawyer, let your sister go."

Dad. Thank god he came back for a visit.

"Dad! I wasn't gonna hurt her." Sawyer complains, holding me in place.

"Too bad." Dad says.

Sawyer frowns but pushes me away from him.
I turn and stick my tongue out at him. He glares.

I'm so grateful for dad's visits.

————————————————————————
Thank you guys so much for 6k reads! I remember being excited about 100. This means so much to me.