Chapter 12

Leo stepped towards me to grab my arm and pull me up. He yanks me up and keeps ahold of both my arms. I try to fight but I think we all know that wasn't gonna help me at all. Just then I hear my mom call.

"Emma! Brynn's here!"

My best friend always knows how to save me. That's why I love her.

"Mom wants me!" I call, still wiggling.

"Fine." Leo lets go of my arms and shoves me forward. "Just wait until your little friend leaves."

"She's sleeping over." I shout, running out of the room.

Ryder yells something after me but I'm already too far down the stairs to hear. I get down the stairs and run to the door. I throw it open and Brynn's dad's red car is pulling out of the drive way. She grins at me.

"You don't know how much I love you!" I shriek, running up to her and hugging her.

"Why?" She asks.

"I'll explain later." I say, dragging her inside.

One of the reasons Brynn is my best friend is because she's my only friend that doesn't have a major crush on my brothers. We have been best friends forever so they basically treat her like me. She understands that they are the most annoying idiots to ever walk the Earth.

Once we are inside we almost get decapitated by a flying football. Luckily we both duck in time. Ryder has made it downstairs and is now throwing the ball around with Cam.

"Ryder! No throwing the ball in the house! Cameron! Put that ball down or go outside!" Mom exclaims, marching into the room.

Brynn and I leave them behind and head upstairs where we bump into Hunter. Great.

"You're so lucky your friend showed up Emma." He snorts.

"Hunter I've known you since kindergarten. I think by now you don't have to refer to me as Emma's friend." Brynn states.

That is very true. Brynn has been my friend since kindergarten and we have grown up with each other. So that means Hunter's grown up with her too. Well Hunter did grow upwards because he now measures 5'10 and both Brynn and I are 5'4. Anyway Hunter knows she doesn't like to be called Emma's friend. That's why he does it.

"Whatever you say." He says, pushing past us.

"I can't believe you live with them every day. I can barely stand them when I sleepover." Brynn shakes her head.

"You're lucky you have a nice older sister." I say.

Later that day both of us are sitting in the game room watching a movie on the big screen. Then Leo, Alexander and Sawyer come in.

"Out. We're gonna play the Xbox." Leo directs, motioning us to leave.

"No, we were here first, you leave." I say, crossing my arms.

"Geez Emma. You know you're not gonna win this." Sawyer throws in.

"You don't know that." I grumble.

"Out." Leo says again.

"Mom!" I shout.

Leo rolls his eyes. "You're definitely not helping your case when Brynn leaves, kid."

Alexander grabs me under the arms and hoist me into the air. Leo does the same to Brynn.

"Hey!" I complain, trying to fight him.

Sawyer snickers and starts setting up their game.

"Alex! Put me down. I'm serious." I whine.

"No way little tattle tale." He grins at me.

Brynn's busy trying to wiggle away from Leo. The two of them carry us out of the game room.

"I'll call mom." I threaten.

"And I'll throw you guys in the pool." Leo retorts.

"Fine." I huff.

Leo drops Brynn.

"You're so aggressive." She says, whacking his arm.

"I can still throw you in the pool." Leo says, reaching for her again.

"No!" She squeals, dodging him.

See what I mean. They treat her like me. Alexander sill has a hold on me.

"Alexander Willam Samuels. Put me down." I command.

"Never use my full name again." He thwacks my head and drops me (basically throws me) on the ground.

The two of us hurry away to my room for safety.