Chapter 10

I get back to my room safely for once. The rest of the day I spent hiding in my room. I only leave when my mom calls me down for dinner. I quickly dart out of my room and fly down the stairs before any of my brothers have the chance to grab me. Once I get to the dining room I sit in my usual spot, the spot right next to my mom who is at the head of the table.

One by one, each of my brothers file in. Hunter and Cameron both glare at me as they come in. I guess Cameron is mad. Hunter takes his spot bedside me. Thank God Cam is at the other end or I would be getting kicked from under the table.

My mom begins asking all my brothers what their plans are for this summer. I'm disappointed to hear that most of their friends have gone away for the summer. Leaving them at home with me. I stay quiet and try to finish my dinner as quickly as possible to escape back to my room.

"So Em what are your plans this summer?" Mom asks me.

"Nothing." I mumble.

"Fun." Mom says, shaking her head.

To my dismay, Hunter finishes supper before me and leaves to go upstairs. Probably waiting for me.

"Thanks for supper mom." I call as I scurry out of the room.

I cautiously make my way up the stairs.

In our house, once you get up the stairs there is this big open landing area where most of the bedrooms are off of. Then there is the hallway that leads to the other side just like it.

Hunter's room is right at the front while mine is at the back, so I have to slip past his open bedroom door before I can get to my room.

"Woah baby sister, you still have something that's mine." Hunter says, stepping out of his room and blocking my path.

"I'm not your baby sister." I grumble. "And I'm not a baby either."

He knows I hate when he or any of my brothers call me their baby sister.

"Does it look like I care?" Hunter asks, stepping closer.

"Leave me alone." I whine.

I take a step back and bump into someone. I spin around to face Sawyer.

"What are you guys doing?" Questions Sawyer.

"Save me!" I plead Sawyer. "Hunter's trying to take my phone again."

"I could not care less." Sawyer says.

As Sawyer steps past me to go to his room, he blocks me from Hunter. I take the opportunity and bolt back down the stairs. Hunter flys down the stairs behind me.

"Mom!" I scream, charging into the kitchen and jumping into my mom's arms.

Hunter skids in right behind me.

"Ha!" I cry while hiding behind mom.

"That's not fair." Hunter whines.

"Leave your sister alone Hunter." Mom orders.

Hunter crosses his arms.

"I wasn't going to hurt her. I need leverage against her. You know mom, I never tattle on her. Do you know how much she annoys me?"

"I think we all know I can't hurt you." I object, still behind my mom.

"Drop it Hunter." Mom commands.

"Fine, I'll just get Leo and Ryder and we'll team up on her later." He smirks at me.

"Mom!" I complain.

"Nobody's teaming up on anyone." She glares at Hunter.

"Yeah, ok." Hunter laughs.

"Mom! Make him leave me alone." I whine.

"Hunter." Mom snaps.

"Fine." He groans.

He glares at me as he leaves the kitchen. I wait a while before following him upstairs and to my room.

Good thing my dad is coming back tomorrow for a visit. He can help protect me.