Chapter 28

Brynn, Hunter, Logan and I sit on the stairs outside my house. Logan and Brynn have to go home today which sucks. It doesn't suck that Logan's leaving though.

"I wish you didn't have to leave." I sigh, looking at Brynn and leaning back on my elbows.

"Yeah. Well I'm glad I don't have to spend anymore time with Hunter." She says, shooting him a look.

"Hey! That was uncalled for. I was just sitting here." Hunter objects, leaning over to whack Brynn's arm.

She dodges his hand and sticks her tongue out.

"Why does Alexander get to stay but we have to leave." Logan pouts.

"Nobody knows." Hunter says.

"Why aren't your parents here yet? What's taking them forever?" I moan, kicking pebbles around the steps.

"We've been here for like, three minutes, loser." Logan smirks.

"Yeah three minutes that I've been forced to sit here with you." I shoot back.

"Wow. That hurt me. I'm so devastated now." He snorts.

I roll my eyes. Hunter chuckles. Then Brynn's sister's car pulls into the driveway.

"Ugh!" I groan.

She stands up and picks up her bag.

"Don't leave me here with these people." I moan.

"Hey!"

"Rude!"

Hunter and Logan object from behind me.

"I would save you if I could." She laughs.

Brynn trudges down the stairs and climbs into the car. I turn around and sit back on the steps beside Hunter. I place my chin in my hands and watch the car pull back out of the driveway.

"This is boring." I say.

"You're boring." Hunter snaps back.

Logan laughs.

"You're boring." I mutter.

"What a great comeback." Hunter says, smirking at me.

"Shut up." I say, standing up and heading back into the house.

I can hear them laughing as I shut the door.
As soon as I'm in the house, I'm scooped up off the ground.

"Woah." I squeal in surprise.

"Geez you're voice is very high pitched." Alexander says, adjusting his grip around my arms.

"Not my fault that I'm a girl." I mumble.

Alex chuckles. With that he proceeds to carry me upstairs.

"Why can't you guys leave me alone for an hour?" I groan, hanging my head.

"I don't know." Alex grins.

Once we get upstairs he drags me into Leo's room. Leo's sitting at his desk chair when I'm forced inside. He spins it around to face me.

"We've been waiting for you." He says, smirking.

"You're here by yourself stupid." I spit out.

"I was trying to make a dramatic entrance but of course you have to ruin it, shorty." Leo grumbles.

"I'm not that short! I'm only short compared to you guys!" I complain, trying to kick Alex.

"Yeah and since we're all taller than you by a lot and you're the shortest, that makes you shorty. It makes sense if you think about." Leo says.