Chapter 18

When Hunter and Logan leave, I dash up the stairs and down the hall to Hunter's room. I burst in and dig through the bottom drawer of Hunter's nightstand, looking for my phone. I find it back in it's same spot and scurry out again. I have to take the opportunity when it approaches.

When I'm back into the hall I bump into Sawyer. He's got his little terror gang of Leo and Ryder with him. And as an added bonus, Alexander as well.

"Hey Emma, where'd Hunter and Logan go? I can't find them." Sawyer asks me, looking over my shoulder into Hunter's room behind me.

"They left." I say.

"I told you to lock them in Hunter's room or something 'till we got back. They were obviously gonna run." Leo informs Sawyer, whacking the back of his head.

"That's not my fault. You guys weren't here." Sawyer complains, whacking Leo back.

Alexander turns to me.

"Why didn't you stop them Emma. Geez. Your so inconsiderate of our plans." He tsks.

The rest of the boys smirk at me.

"I feel like everyone knows that was never gonna happen." I shake my head.

They parade past me, Ryder whacks my arm on the way down the stairs to sit in the living room and wait for Hunter and Logan.

I head back to my room. With my freshly retrieved phone I text Brynn and tell her to come over.

I flop on my bed to wait. Brynn is always on time. She is so reliable. About twenty minutes later I hear a car pull into the drive. That familiar cherry red glint of her dad's convertible. I hop down the stairs to meet her at the door.

Brynn usually just opens the door and comes in instead of knocking cause she's like family. So I'm not surprised when I hear the door open. What I am surprised by is Brynn's shriek.

I come around the corner to see that Ryder and Sawyer each have one of her arms in their hands. Once they see me they drop her arms.

"Whatcha guys doing." I say, scooting towards my best friend.

"We thought she was Logan and Hunter coming home." Leo shrugs from the doorway to the kitchen.

"Cause I look exactly like a boy." Brynn snips, flipping her long golden locks over her shoulder and raising an eyebrow.

"Shut up. Or we might actually get you." Sawyer orders.

She grins.

"You know we do have that window you could have looked out of to see who it was ." I gesture to the big, shiny window that looks out onto their driveway.

"Shut up." Ryder spits, rolling his eyes at me.

Brynn and I smile at each other and head upstairs. We flop onto my bed.

"What was that about?" Brynn asks.

"Sawyer's mad at Hunter and Logan. So now he's got his little crew to torture them when they come back from Logan's." I explain. Then add. "When they get back and are captured, I plan on going down past them just to hear them beg for my help."

"I'm definitely coming for that." She laughs.

Logan is also like a brother to Brynn as well. They've both spent so much time here that them and Alexander have all become like siblings. So they all act like siblings and annoy each other just as much as my brothers annoy me.

Just then I hear the door and my brothers squabbling. We wait a second and then file down the staircase, crossing through the entry hall. Sawyer and Leo have got Hunter hoisted off the ground, his legs flailing. Alexander and Ryder are holding Logan. I grin at this beautiful sight.

"Emma! Brynn! Please help." Hunter cries.

We both look at each other and smirk.

"You really think I'm gonna save you?" I snort.

"Please Emma." He pleads.

"Even if we wanted to we wouldn't win. We'd end up in the same situation as you guys." Brynn throws in.

"Please guys!" Logan begs from his spot.

"No way." I smirk, strutting out of the hall, Brynn right behind.

The boys laugh at the role reversal. I proceed to make Brynn and myself lunch. Then we head up to my room to watch some Netflix.

About an hour later my door bursts open. Brynn and I both shriek and jump about a foot off my bed. Once we collect ourselves, we turn to the intruders. Oh no. Hunter and Logan. They look steamed.

"Get out!" I exclaim nervously.

"I don't think so." Hunter pounces on Brynn.

He wrestles her onto her back and pins her arms behind her. Logan grabs me and yanks me to my feet. Arms pinned painfully behind my back.

"Stop!" I squeal. " You're not holding my arms behind me twice in one day."

I continue to kick at Logan and Brynn wiggles from under Hunter's force.

"Hunter! I'm sorry!" I beg. "We wouldn't be able to save you if we wanted to!"

"Calm down Emma." Logan orders.

————————————————————————
Just so people know I decided to change Emma's friends name to Brynn cause I think it will be less confusing.