Chapter 16

Later that day, I'm sitting in the living room when Sawyer barges in.

"Emma, are you sure you haven't seen my phone." He asks, flipping over some pillows.
"Do you know where it could be?"

I look at the ground. I'm not sure I should lie to Sawyer. I decide to go for it because it would be both Logan and Hunter mad at me if I tattled on them.

"No." I say, quietly.

He just stands in front of me, arms crossed.

"I know your lying Emma."

"No I'm not." I say stupidly.

"I've lived with you for 14 years Emma. I can tell when you're lying." He tells me.

"I'm not lying." I try to save myself.

"Tell me where it is and I won't hurt you. If you don't I'll get Leo and Ryder." He says, grinning evilly at me.

"Uhh." I say.

Unsure if I should really rat out Logan and Hunter. Then considering my three oldest brothers, I decide I should tell Sawyer.

"Hunter and Logan have it." I mumble.

"What was that." Sawyer says, stepping toward me.

"Hunter and Logan have it." I say louder.

"Thank you Emma. That wasn't hard was it." Sawyer teases.

"Whatever." I cross my arms.

He punches my arm and leaves. Most likely to go hurt Hunter and Logan. I fall back on the couch and groan. Either way I would have ended up getting beaten up by one of my brothers.

Later on, I'm sitting on the couch flipping through channels when I hear Hunter and Logan coming down the stairs. I stand up quickly and look around to hide somewhere but it's too late.

"Hey Emma." Logan calls, planting himself in the doorway to the kitchen.

The only exit. I can't escape now. Hunter starts walking towards me. I back away.

"Leave me alone Hunter. Sawyer made me tell him. He threatened me with Leo and Ryder. They're scarier than you are. Please don't hurt me." All my words tumble out at once.

"I warned you. If you told Sawyer, I'd get you back. I don't really care about the circumstances." He says, shrugging.

I back towards the doorway where Logan is. Hunter is walking towards me from the front.

"Stop Hunter." I plead.

I keep taking small steps backward. Hunter keeps taking big steps forward.

"I'm serious Hunter. Leave me alone." I beg.

"That's not gonna happen." He says, reaching for me.

I jump backwards only to bump into Logan. He grabs my arms.

"Logan. Please let me go." I struggle against his strong grip.

"Nope." He says, pushing me forward.

Hunter grabs one arm while Logan keeps hold of the other.

"Guys! Please." I continue my begging.

It's not really working. They drag me up the stairs and into Hunter's room. Again. For third time this week.

They shove me onto Hunter's bed.

"Hunter!" I complain to my twin.

"Shut up Emma. We told you we'd get you back if you told Sawyer. And you told him." Hunter explains.

"Did Sawyer even touch you guys? You look fine." I study both of them.

"Shut up." He commands.

"He didn't, did he. He probably just yelled at you guys." I say. Then I jump up. "Hey! That's not fair. If he didn't even hurt you, you can't hurt me."

I try to push past him. He grabs my arm and keeps me in my spot.

"Hunter! I'm being serious. That's not fair. Let me go!" I complain.

"Emma." They both mimic my complaining.

I can't help smiling. They both sound so stupid. I quickly try to compose myself.

"Stop it." I whine.

"Nope." Hunter shoves me back to the bed.

Just then Sawyer barges into the room. Yay!

"Hey you guys. Emma told me..." He stops talking.

I glare at Hunter.

"He didn't even tell you guys yet." I stand up and attack him.

I start smacking Hunter.

"Emma! Stop!" He complains.

Sawyer just stands in the doorway, staring. Logan's grinning.

"Logan, help me here." Hunter calls, trying to grab my arms.

I'm moving to quickly this time. Then Logan grabs my arms from behind me.

"Logan! Stop!" I whine, struggling.

"Nope." He says again, keeping his grip on me.

"Anyways," Sawyer says from the doorway. "Emma told me you guys took my phone. Give it back." He tattles on me.

I hang my head, still held in place by Logan. Hunter smirks at me.

"I knew you'd tell him." He keeps up that stupid smirk.

I try to attack him again but Logan's still got my arms.

"Shut up." Sawyer orders. "Give me my phone Hunter. You're so lucky Leo and Ryder aren't here right now. I mean we could still get you guys later. Yeah, I think that's what I'll do." He thinks out loud.

Hunter's and Logan's smiles disappear. Sawyer sees this and it makes him even happier.

"See you guys later." He sings, strolling out of the room.