Chapter 26

That night I was snuggled into my comfy bed right beside Brynn. That's when I get the idea. The idea of what Cameron, Logan and Hunter should do to get my forgiveness. I nudge her with my elbow and she flips over to face me.

"I have an idea," I start.

Once I explain my plan to Brynn she claps her hands in excitement.

"You wanna do that right now?" She asks, grinning.

"Why not?" I say and swing my feet out of bed.

The air was pretty cold for a summer night. Yesterday had also been much colder than other days. I shiver and grab the closest sweater to me. A fuzzy black one. I toss it on and gesture for Brynn to follow me out.

We tip toe down the hallway until we get to Cameron's door. I pause for a second. Maybe this isn't such a good idea. But then thinking that they really want my forgiveness, I shove his door open.

He's asleep on his bed, all twisted up in his blankets. I pounce on him.

"Cameron!" I sing in his face.

All of a sudden he he rolls over and has me pinned down to his bed, Cameron holding my wrists in his hands.

"What is it shorty? It better be important or you'll regret it." He hisses in my face.

I decide to ignore the name and cut right to the chase.

"I thought of what you can do to get my forgiveness." I say, trying to get my wrists out form under his hands.

"That's all? God Emma, save it for the morning." He says, flopping backwards and trying to get comfortable again.

"No! I want you guys to do it right now." I smirk.

"Want us to do what?" He asks suspiciously, sitting up.

"I can't tell you yet. C'mon Cameron! I'll forgive you if you do this for me." I plead, tugging his arm.

"Ugh! Fine!" He slides himself out of bed and follows Brynn and I out of the room.

"Come help me get Logan and Hunter." I say to Cam.

We barge into Hunter's rooms and I basically tackle Hunter.

"Hunter!" I cry, poking his cheeks.

He squirms around, trying to avoid me.

"What is it Emma? It's like 2 in the morning! I'm tired! Leave me alone." He exclaims.

"I just need you to do one thing for me so I can for give you guys." I say, grinning.

"What?" He groans and covers his head with his arms.

Logan, who is laying beside my twin, pops his head up.

"Can't it wait til the morning?" He yawns.

"Nope! Come on guys. I'll forgive you if you do this one thing for me." I beg all over again.

They reluctantly agree.

"Yay!" I cheer and skip out of the room followed by Brynn and Cameron.

Hunter and Logan trail along behind us.

I lead our little posse down the stairs and towards the backdoor. Suddenly, Cam jerks to a stop.

"No way am I going outside. It's really cold." He says.

"Cameron! Please!" I beg, trying to pull him towards the door.

"Oh my gosh. Fine." He sighs and follows Brynn and I out the door.

Cam was right. It was cold. Oh well. This just works better for my plan.

"Ok," I say directing them to the edge of the pool "jump!"

The three of them look at me in disbelief.

"I am not jumping in there." Hunter cries, backing away.

"It's way too cold!" Logan shivers.

"The pool is freezing." Cam adds.

"Well I guess you guys don't have to, but I just won't forgive you." I shrug.

They look back at the cold pool uneasily.

"You won't be mad anymore if we jump in the pool?" Logan asks uncertainly.

"Yup." I say, popping the p.

"I'll jump if they jump." Hunter nods to the other two.

"I guess I'll jump." Logan says.

"I'll jump." Cam sighs.

"Yes!" Brynn and I cheer and bounce up and down.

The three of them stand at the edge of the pool in nothing but sweatpants and pyjama pants. Bummer for them.

"Go already!" I urge.

"Shut up Emma!" Hunter calls back to me.

Brynn and I giggle.

"1..2..3!" Cam shouts.

All three boys jump into the ice cold pool with a giant splash. They all come up howling from the cold. Brynn and I are busy dying of laughter.

They boys quickly clamber out and stand shivering on the cement pad that circles the pool.

"So do you forgive us?" Cam asks between his teeth.

I pause like I'm thinking.

Cameron scoops me up off the ground and carries me over to the pool. He holds me out so now I'm dangling just over the water.

"Ok! Ok! Cameron I forgive you guys! Put me down!" I shriek.

He smirks and sets me down on dry land.
I sigh in relief.

"What about you Brynn?" Hunter turns his attention to my best friend.

"I guess I forgive you." She shrugs.

"Ok then." Logan says.

And with that he scoops me up off the ground and spins me around. The bad part being he was soaking wet from the pool.

"Logan!" I squeal.

He grins and sets me down. My pyjamas now drenched.

"Idiot." I mumble and trudge back inside the house.

"So you know shorty," Cam starts, slinging an arm over my shoulder.

"Stop calling me that. I'm only short compared to you, you are older than me." I whine.

He just smirks and continues.

"So since you forgave me, I can start teasing you again."

He then proceeds to flick my head.

"Hey!" I complain.

And with that we are back to the usual way my brothers treat me.