Chapter 8

Lance pulls his arms above his head and stretches letting Keith catch a glimpse of Lance's tan skin under his navel. A blush spreads across Keith's face as his eyes snap away from the man next to him. Lance notices this sudden movement and smirks, "Oh, so you're one of those guys?"

Once again studdering Keith Kogane makes an appearance,"Uh- What- NO! No- I was just- I" 

Lance offers him a playful eye roll before deciding to make this situation slightly more awkward than it had to be, "I mean I don't mind but at least ask me out first."

"Maybe I will."

Now it was Lance's turn to blush furiously before averting his eyes from the man next to him. He was not expecting that reaction so he asks, "What are you? Gay?"

"Yep."

'Holy shit....' was the only thought running through Lance's thick skull. He was really hoping for Keith to be like, yeah no. But instead, he got a firm yep. His new album mate was freaking gay and Lance was losing it. Admitally, Lance has thought that Keith was visually pleasing if you like emo gay's that really need some sunlight but he would never say that to his face. 

"Well, I'm going up to my room," Keith says, walking off through the double doors, leaving Lance to his own thoughts.

'Did I really just..?' Keith thought as he trudges up the glass staircase, 'It's not that big of a deal...'. Keith has already come out to his country and is perfectly fine with the criticism and hatred he gets but telling a guy he fell in love with at first sight... It just felt so exhausting and terrifying that Keith just had a sinking feeling in his stomach.  
Making his way up to his room, Keith goes out to his gigantic balcony just to think for a second. Leaning against the railing he looks at the skyline that littered with skyscrapers. Why does he feel so sick all of a sudden? Why did he even tell Lance? Why did it even matter? It's not like he'll really see him after this album right? Why is he even asking himself all of this?

Pushing himself away from the railing, Keith ran a hand through his thick black hair as he paced around for a while... Just thinking. He couldn't stop the train of thoughts and possibilities that could come from this. He just came out to the guy he likes. What if Lance doesn't even except the LGBTQ+ community? What if Keith has to deal with slurs and insults he had to listen to as a kid? But this time it'd just hurt more. Keith just really needed to stop overthinking this but he. just. couldn't.

Lance, on the other hand, had retreated back to his room to rethink the situation he just went through. 

'So Keith just admitted he's gay? And what did I do? Just stand there like a fool and gawk like I've never met a gay person in my life. GET IT TOGETHER LANCE!'

Lance falls back onto the comfortable guest bed and just stares at the ceiling. This whole situation is weird. He did get the hint that Keith was gay. For one he didn't even offer a glance at any cute girls that they had seen today, only a few guys. He also felt Keith's eyes checking him out on more than one occasion in the past 48 hours, but he just blew it off like it was nothing. But that nothing was something.

"Holy fuck.. Does he actually like me?" Lance murmurs, his eyes widening. 

No, it can't be. They've only known each other for almost 48 hours. No way that that love at first sight shit was real. Lance refused to believe that although, there was... Just a sliver of hope running through his veins. He hoped that this somewhat visually pleasing Korean emo actually had some interest in him and that he wasn't just imagining everything.

"You need to pull yourself together, Keith!" Keith shouts in frustration as he replays the earlier conversation Lance and he had for the millionth time. He stares at himself in his shattered mirror that he has propped up in a corner of his room for some dramatic effect. The shattered affect really reflected his mental state most of the time. He felt broken and ironically shattered fairly frequently and he often found himself sitting in front of this mirror just reflecting and trying to pull himself together. 
Holding onto a soft purple pillow, Keith just stares at himself. What is his relationship with Lance going to be like now? Is Lance going to treat him differently? Was this risk worth it? Keith sighs to himself picturing Lance's dumb face. The risk was worth it if it met he could somehow create some romantic relationship with the Cuban. Anything that could push their relationship to at least a trustworthy friendship between the two would make Keith happy. But right now they were nothing but album partners. They are barely even acquaintances. 

Nothing else but album partners...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for a short chapter. I haven't had enough time let alone energy to push updates out quickly. My break ended yesterday (January 7) and I had a snow day today which I am greatful for. Also today I realized that only 4 days ago I was at 698 reads and today I have 813, so thanks.
I'll hopefully update again in a few days if my wifi works and if I have some good Ideas.
Once again, if any of you have ideas for this story and would like to see them I will gladly try to work them into the story.

XOXOXO

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~