Chapter 41 {Part 1}

Me: Alright! I can do this! I can write smut! I can stray away from god's light and-!
Soft Innocent Me: *Hits other me with a pillow* Nooooo!!! You can't write such a dirty thing! You know all we can write is soft, domestic, fluff!
*Player 3 has entered the arena*
Soft Me: Who's this?
Me: I thought I left you in middle school?!
Angsty Smut Loving Me: YOU THOUGHT YOU COULD GET RID OF ME? You were sadly mistaken, fool. Now, HAND OVER THE COMPUTER!
Soft Me and Me: *gulps in fear*

No, but in all seriousness, this chapter is gonna get smutty and this is going to mentally kill me because I just CAN'T write smut. It just seems wrong. BUT, I promised smut 3 years ago. I SHALL LIVE UP TO MY PROMISE!

*scared noises* Remember kids... CONSENT! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Katie already has me lined up to meet more songwriters when I get back to Korea," Keith huffs, turning off his phone.

"You just got done with the album though," Lance replies, setting the bags down at the foot of the bed.

"I know," Keith sits on the bed, "But that's just what they do over there."

"Work you guys to death?"

Keith reaches into a bag, "Pretty much."

"Ya'll not believe in breaks?"

"Nope," Keith starts moving smaller items into a singular bag, "I mean- they kind of do, but they do work us to death."

"What do you mean by kind of do?"

"When the company says we're 'on break', we technically are on a break but they still have us work on the next album, song, whatever until we can officially come back into the light and perform. It's definitely nothin' like American Idols."

"I mean we sometimes have to work."

"But not to this extent," Keith puts the last item in the Louis Vuitton bag, "We only get breaks when we sleep. And sometimes even then that gets interrupted," He looks to his phone on the nightstand next to the bed, "If I'm being completely honest, it's extremely rare for me not to hear from Katie every day."

Lance starts to pick up the empty bags, "So, you guys really don't get break? Not even a vacation?"

Keith laughs, "My vacations are tours. Being here with you is my first real vacation."

Lance is saddened by that. He always thought that every star had it the same. He has always been ignorant and never thought to look into the life of stars from other countries, especially Asian countries.

"I never knew that's how Idols are treated overseas," Lance says, looking down.

"It's not all bad," Keith says, "If you have the right manager and company, that is."

"I'm guessing Pidge is a good manager?"

Keith gets up and sets the bag on the dresser, "Oh she is. She tries to give me as much break time as my schedule and the company allows."

~~~~~

Lance emerges from the ensuite bathroom an hour after the Idol conversation. Keith looks up from his phone shuts it off, tossing it to the side to give his boyfriend his full attention. Lance walks over to the bed, dressed but still patting his hair dry with a towel, and sits next to Keith.

"One Day," Keith says. Earning a confused look for the latter, he continues, "One day left until I go back to Korea."

Lance groans and flops onto Keith's lap, "Why must you remind me?"

"Because it's important," Keith hums, running a hand through Lance's damp, tangled hair, "And as much as both of us want me to stay, I can't."

Lance dejectedly looks up to Keith, his blue eyes meeting the other's purple ones. They sit in silence for a moment before Lance sits back up and huffs out a depressed sigh. They knew this day would come and now that it's almost here, they don't know how to act. Ignorance is not bliss anymore. 

Keith shifts over and plops down on Lance's lap so they can be face to face. Bringing a hand to the other's sunkissed skin, he rubs his thumb over his lover's cheek with a soft smile, "Just think of the tour. We'll be together again and-"

"For two and a half months,"

"What?"

"I spoke to Hunk," Lance gently pushes Keith's hand away, "He said the tour will last 10 weeks."

"Hey, that's better than nothing," Keith says, playing with the hem of Lance's shirt.

Lance almost pouts, "I guess."

Keith's hands find themselves on the other man's shoulders, bracing the Korean for what he's about to do. Leaning in, he places a soft kiss on Lance's lips before inching away, lips parted in a playful smile, "Aren't you supposed to be the upbeat one?"

Lance almost smiles as he lightly pushes Keith away, "Haha... Seriously, how can you be so carefree about this? Like this doesn't bug you at all?"

Keith's playful smile is replaced by a somber look, "I am 'bugged' by this. I've always felt alone. But then a certain someone came practically strutting into my penthouse like he owned the place," His somber look softens back up, the hints of a smile hidden on the corners of his pale pink lips, "I don't think you'd know who that certain someone is?"

A moment of silence falls upon them before Lance smiles and shakes his head, "Come 'ere."

Pulling the smaller man back in, the two share a bittersweet kiss. Though both men are full of love, the lingering flavor of dread fills their mouths. The thought of being apart, even for a few months after spending almost every waking second together for almost a year haunts them. 

Breaking away for air, Keith looks at Lance with lustful eyes before capturing the other's lips once more. They push back and forth for dominance until one is over the other. Keith pushes his partner into the bed, straddling Lance by the hips. He trails a hand up to Lance's face before breaking away, "Are we gonna..?"

Lance notices Keith's unsure gaze and replies, "Do you want to?"

Keith blushes at the thought, his left hand covering his face, "Kinda... Yeah."

"Well, then I'm not stopping you."

Keith blinks and lets those words register in his brain for a moment. Leaning back in he asks, "Are you sure?"

Lance rolls his eyes and grabs Keith by the front of his shirt, bringing him down to continue what they've started. The kiss lasted for a while until they needed to come back up for air. Keith guides Lance upright so they can strip away the cloth barriers between them. His hands slip under Lance's shirt, carefully helping him remove the item of clothing before moving to his own. With their shirts discarded somewhere on the floor, the pair go right back at it. Hand's exploring each other's bodies, lips parted for the heated kiss, the two were in bliss. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry, but I had to spent this into two parts because I need a break, and plus this is already over my usual 1000 words per chapter limit so yeah. The next part is about to get smutty.