Chapter 32

The next real full-length (900 - 1500 words) chapter will also be spilt up. WHY? Because it's going to reach about a million words. So it'll be spill into 2-4 parts, depending on if it reaches the million-word limit I personally set.

ANNNNNNNNNNDDDDDD..... 

This chapter has no real relevance to the actual story except for introducing Shay to the storyline and also introducing the next like climax (i think that's the correct lit. term???) of the plot.

ANYWAYS

ON WITH THE SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Turning on the lights to his friend's room, Hunk wakes up Lance and Keith, "Lance, Keith, get up!"

Keith groans and pulls the blankets up over his head, blocking the light. Lance, on the other hand, is trying to find the motivation to get up.

Hunk sighs and turns the light off and on multiple times, "Get up, please. Shay doesn't have all day, and neither do I."

Hunk gets no response so he walks over to the bed and rips the blankets off of the pair, "GET UP NOW OR I'M CALLING PIDGE!"

That threat is enough to get Keith up instantly. But Lance? He just sits up and glares at Hunk, clearly hella tired.

"Don't glare at me," Hunk says.

Lance rolls his eyes, clearly too tired for this, "You interrupted my beauty sleep."

Keith smirks, "Trust me, you're already killing every fanboy and fangirl with your looks. You don't need any more 'beauty sleep'."

"Just hurry up and get ready you two," Hunk cringes a little and leaves.

~~~~

"Sorry that we're late Shay," Hunk apologizes. 

Shay smiles brightly, "It's fine! You're here now, right?"

"Yeah," Hunk answers.

"Then it's perfectly fine that you were a little late!" Shay says, tucking her hair back behind her ear, "Besides, you brought someone new!" She steps towards Keith, extending a hand, "I'm Shay Meran!"

Keith cautiously takes her hand and forces a smile. Seeing Keith is a little uncomfortable, the greeting doesn't last long. In a matter of seconds, the album mates are shoved into their recording studio.

~~~~

"Wow," Shay leans back in her black, leather chair, amazed, "You two... You two arE GREAT TOGETHER!"

Keith jumps slightly at the sudden outburst, mumbling, "So noisy."

Lance smiles, "Yep!"

"You two are polar opposites too!" Shay exclaims

"Yeah," Lance reaches for the back of his neck.

"We weren't always like this," Keith says, looking to Lance.

"Well of course!" Shay clasps her hands together, "You had to do some serious bonding. Like, I can just tell by your styles and voices. Lance is all bubbly and upbeat while you..." She pauses looking for the right words to describe Keith's style, "You... You're more of like, edgy...?"

Keith chuckles, "I get that a lot."

"Not in a bad way of course!" Shay tries to explain.

"No, I get what you're trying to say," Keith says, "I'm just kind of out there in a more... dark-ish sense."

Lance's phone starts to ring, distracting the group. He picks it up, silently reading the contact before standing, "I have to take this call," He looks to Shay, "May I?"

"Of course!" 

Lance nods, leaving the recording studio, and stepping out into the hall.

"Soooo," Shay's voice seems to hum in Keith's ears, "How long have you and Lance been together?"

Keith's face flushes red before he could even process the full question, "Um... Pardon?"

Shay leans against her control panel, smirking, "It's obvious. Spill the tea bro."

Keith quirks a brow, "Um, how is it obvious?"

"No one like you would EVER get along with Lance so well," She explains, "I had my doubts at first, but just seeing how you two so absent-mindedly play around and distract each other confirmed my suspicion. You two are dating. Now spill."

Keith leans back a bit, "Sorry, but that's classified information."

"Oh come on!" Shay pouts, "Not even a rough estimate?"

"Nope!"

"Fiiiiiiinnnnnneee...."

Lance enters just in time, a smile plastered on his lips.

"Why are you so happy?" Keith asks.

"That's for you to find out!" Lance says. He turns to Shay, "Sorry, but we'll have to cut this short. We have somewhere to be."

~~~~~

"Okay, Lance," Keith groans, "Are you gonna tell me or not?"

Lance lets out a sigh before gaining his nerves, "You remember that phone call earlier?"

"Yeah?"

"Weeeeelllllll, one of my friends, who so happens to be an actor, starred in a movie recently."

"So....?"

"Said friend is holding a huge after party tonight and invited me."

"That's cool, but what does that have to do with cutting recording time short today? I mean we were already late as is."

"Well, let me finish explaining."

"Alright..."

"So, my friend invited me to this party and guess what?!"

"What....?" Keith groans, clearly over the unnecessary suspense like the readers. 

"I get to bring a plus one!" Lance takes Keith's hand, "And that plus one is you!"

Keith's eyes widen, his jaw dropped. He blinks and shakes his head, "I thought you wanted to keep our relationship a secret?"

"Well, yeah," Lance replies, "We don't have to act all couplely and shit."

Keith looks down, in thought. He slips his hand out of Lance's, "I don't know, Lance. Don't you think this is a little risky?"

"Well, yeah, but... I-- I want to go and have you there with me." 

"I don't know..."

"It'll be fun."

"Fine... I'll go with you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yoooo this is an edit from none other than me. The person who's done with VLD.

ANYWAYS, I'mma do a quick shout out for my friends. 

You like kingdom hearts??? Read their shizzzzzzz

https://www.wattpad.com/story/87625690-kingdom-hearts-souls-of-time