Chapter 27

Their date went by pretty smoothly for the most part. Well, until they got kicked out for 'inappropriate behavior'. Besides that, the pair did have a few awkward moments but, those are normal.

"I think we have officially become the most childish 20 something-year-olds ever," Keith states, as the two walk into the penthouse.

"I can't deny that nor can I confirm it," Lance replies shaking off his coat, turning to Keith, "I bet you $100 that the media is gonna have a report about us by noon today."

Keith looks at the tradition old clock on the wall and sees that it is in fact not yesterday. He pushes his hair out of his face, sighing while taking off his jacket, "I didn't know it was that late. Not to mention I have to still wash our clothes so they don't stain..."

He goes off rambling, Lance deadpanning at him. He slings an arm around Keith, surprising him slightly, "Chill out... A little bit of soy sauce won't ruin your fancy shirt. Washing the clothes can wait 'till tomorrow." 

Keith sends him a glare, "You clearly haven't washed clothes a day in your life... Nor have you ever witnessed the struggle of stains." 

Lance rolls his eyes in response.

"Seriously though, stains are like living hell. Some just do not come out."

Lance smiles and slides his hand down Keith's back before moving away and stretching, "Fine... Stay up late. I'm going to bed!"

Keith catches a glimpse of Lance's navel once more due to his untucked shirt and blushes lightly before looking away, "Okay- Well- Um... Just leave your clothes outside your door after your done changing... I'll wash them for you."

"You don't have to-"

"I insist!"

"Keith, I already intruded into your life when you and I knew you didn't need me to. You don't have to do anything else for me."

"How would you know if I didn't need you?" 

"We didn't even know each other existed 6 months ago!" Lance says.

"That doesn't prove anything."

~~~

Knock, knock, knock.

"Hurry up Lance," Keith yawns and leans against the wall next to the door to Lance's room, waiting.

It's almost 3 am and once again Keith is awake.

"You can come in," Lance says behind the door.

Keith rolls his eyes and reaches for the handle. He opens the door slowly, eyes trailing on the floor, "I'm only coming in so I can get you...."

He stops mid-sentence, dark eyes landing on none other than Lance who is getting his night shirt on. Keith swallows the lump of gay awkwardness in the back of his throat and shudders a little trying to snap out of his obvious dazed state. He blinks a couple times as Lance looks at him confused, handing him his food stained clothes from their date turned to food fight, "You good mullet?" 

Keith flushes dark red and nods, "Yeah! YEah! I'm good! Perfectly fine!"

He snatches the clothes and turns quickly almost falling trying to get out of there before he dies of embarrassment. Of course Lance has to mess with him though...

Smirking, Lance leans against the dresser, "You were checking me out weren't you?"

Keith, now left hand on the door handle stops and slowly turns, still bright red, "What? No! No! I wasn't doing anything like that! Nope! Not at all! Now if you'll excuse me..!"

Keith is so painfully aware of his own voice cracks and racing heartbeat, he honestly thinks he might be dying.

"You're so painfully obvious," Lance teases.

Keith tries to play it off, smiling, while feeling around for the door handle behind him, "I have nooooo idea what you're talking about!"

"Uh-huh.." Lance straightens and walks over to Keith, "Then why are you so worked up?"

Keith slowly turns the handle and steps closer to Lance as he opens the door slightly, "I'm not worked up!"

Okay, Keith I for real going to have a heart attack if he's in here any longer. He has to think of a better reason than laundry and sleep. His eyes land on the old digital clock on the night stand and sees its 3:06 am. They have work in a few hours too. Work.  

"Oh, look at the time!" Keith says, "What is it?" He peeks at the clock again, "3:07? In the morning? And we have work at 9?"

"You're avoiding the-"

Keith cuts Lance off with a quick peck on the lips before he slips though the ajar door, "Goodnight Lance!"

Slam! 

Keith rushes away and hides in the laundry room, practically panting.

"THAT! Was.... TOO CLOSE!"

He drops the clothes and slides down the door, "Lance is soooo going to kill my gay ass."