Chapter 43

The day was supposed to be fun but soon enough the pair realized they had to pack up all of Keith's stuff. That in itself turned into a 3-hour chore full of trying to find the perfect Tetris layout of clothing in the suitcase and few bags Keith has. Finding the perfect layout with everything barely fitting, Lance pauses for a moment. He looks troubled but also in deep thought.

"What's going through your brain right now?" Keith asks, visibly worried.

"I feel like you're missing something."

"That's not possible. We literally-"

"Shhhh... Lemme think."

Keith props a hand on his hip and rolls his eyes, "Alright."

Lance breaks out of thought and goes straight for his closet. Keith follows suit, full of confusion, "I know for a fact none of my stuff ended up in here, Lance."

"Where is it?" Lance mumbles.

"Where's what?"

"It's a surprise."

"This better not be a prank, Lance," Keith huffs, "You know we don't have all day."

"Yeah, yeah, one sec," Lance says, reaching for an old tattered cardboard box. Opening it, he's greeted with a bunch of his clothes from before his debut. After taking out old shirts and hoodies, Lance finds what he's looking for, "Found it!"

Keith peers around his boyfriend's shoulder to see an old beaten up grayish-brown jacket. Lance whips around with the clothing item and hands it to Keith, smiling brightly, "I used to wear this thing constantly when I was younger."

"Okay?"

"I uh-" Lance looks down trying to find the right words to say, "Since I wore it a lot, there's probably a few holes but um-... aah.. Well, that's beside the point."

Keith snickers at his lover who's getting more and more flustered by the second.

"I- um," Lance trips over his words, "Fuck, just take the damn jacket already."

Keith smiles brightly and takes Lance's jacket. He examines it for a moment before putting it on. Of course, it's stereotypically too big, with the sleeves going over his hands instead of ending at his wrists. Lance makes a mental note about how cute Keith looks before turning and putting the old box back up on the shelf.

"Now I feel like I need to give you something," Keith states, flapping the sleeves of the jacket a bit.

"Are you forgetting that you literally bought me a watch that was almost 27 grand?" Lance asks.

"No, it's just that like... You gave me your old jacket and I have nothing that I used to wear all the time to give to you."

Lance pulls Keith close to him and plants a kiss on his forehead. Pulling away, Lance puts on his reassuring smile, "You don't need to give me anything, baby. I'm happy with what I have," Keith pouts for a moment until Lance pulls him out of the closet, "Besides, I have everything I need right here."

Keith quirks a brow, "The house or...?"

"You," Lance says with no hesitation, "All I need is you."

Keith blushes madly, "Stop flirting with me!"

"Why~?"

Keith places a hand on Lance's face and shoves him away, "I'm not doing this right now."

"Doing what?"

"Fuck, you're just making this harder."

"What?"

"That fact that I need to leave soon... and that I really don't want to."

"Oh," Lance sighs, "Sorry."

"It's fine," Keith shakes his head and smiles, "Let's go out and do something."

"Okay," Lance agrees, "What do you wanna do?"

"I haven't really thought that far ahead."

Lance almost laughs at that, "Alright, how about we just go to the beach or something."

"Are you trying to kill me?"

"What? Are you some sort of vampire?" Lance teases.

"I might as well be. Like, have you seen my complexion?" Keith explains, "I'd turn into a tomato."

"There's sunscreen for a reason."

Keith laughs, "Yeah, that's not gonna help much."

"Do you have a better idea?"

"Watching a show?"

"You literally said you wanted to go out," Lance says, "Watching a show isn't really going out."

"I'm just throwing out ideas," Keith goes back into thought.

"Wanna go to Santa Monica Pier?" Lance asks.

"Is that the pier that has the Ferris wheel on it?"

"Yes."

Keith thinks about it for a moment and shrugs, "Sure, why not?"

~~~

"So I was thinking we could go to the arcade first and then-"

"Arcade?"

"What? Do you have a problem with that?" Lance asks.

"No! I just didn't know they had an arcade!"

"Really?"

"All I knew about this place is that it has a Ferris wheel on it," Keith explains as they walk down the crowded wooden pier, "If I knew there was an arcade I would've asked if we could come here in the first place."

"So, you're an arcade guy," Lance notes, "Nice to know."

The pair push through the crowd and into the arcade. It's pretty crowded in there as well but at least it's mainly kids and teens. There are a few older guys huddled around the older arcade games from the 80s and 90s. Keith looks around at the many games and sees one of those old motorcycle racing games. 

"Wanna try and beat me in a racing game?" Keith asks.

"Hold on," Lance quirks a brow playfully, "Try and beat you?"

Keith nods.

"You're gonna have to try and beat me," Lance teases.

"Bring it."

Keith leads Lance over to the motorcycles and easily and gracefully hops on one. Lance on the other hand is a bit clumsy and not so graceful. Lance, of course, has to pay, 'cause it's supposed to be like date or something. 

"You're so going down," Keith remarks.

"Oh, what makes you so sure, mullet?"

Keith chuckles, "You'll see."

Lance did in fact see. Coming in second place, the American pouts as Keith celebrates getting first place by collecting his tickets. Keith was a natural when it came to racing games, especially the motorcycle ones. He just had so much control, it seemed effortless, and Lance had to admit, that was kind of hot.

"Alright, Grumpy-Pants," Keith teases, "What do you wanna do?"

Lance grumbles a bit before he scans the area. Seeing Halo Fireteam Ravon, Lance smirks, "How's your shot, Mullet?"

"Uuuuuhh... I'm decent, I guess."

Keith wasn't in fact decent. He could shoot but his aim was always a little off, along with his timing. Meanwhile, Lance easily breezed through the levels of enemies. Hell, he was even teasing Keith, while plowing through the levels. Collecting the tickets, Lance smirks, "I thought you said you were decent?"

Keith plays dumb, "Did I say that?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ayo, I quit my job and school starts in like a week. KMN