Chapter 25

"Quit staring..."

"Keith, I'm sorry. I didn't mean-"

"Just shut up," Keith cuts him off, "I don't want to talk to you..."

Lance sighs and stands, walking around the back of the couch and towards the stairs. He stops for a second and looks back at Keith, "I'm gonna be in my room... When you're ready to talk I'll be there."

Lance does even get a glare from Keith. He knows now that he's screwed up.

~~~

Lance sits on the edge of the bed and stares down at the floor. He knows that he has really screwed up. He never needed to say that he's been acting but he did. He never had to say that all those 'I love you's' were fake but he did. 

Lance looks around for his phone. After searching for a few minutes he finds it in the bed under the sheets. He turns it on and stares at the lock screen. 'When did I change it to Keith and me?'

Pushing all thoughts aside, Lance unlocks his phone and calls Hunk, who left earlier this morning to meet with Pidge. 

"Come on, buddy... Pick up..."

The call goes to the answering machine. 'Great..'

Lance calls Hunk a couple more times until he finally gets through.

"Sorry, Lance. My phone was on mute. What do you need?" Hunk answers. 

"Advice"

Hunk lets out an annoyed sigh, "What did you do?"

Lance falls back on the bed, "I fought with Keith and made him cry."

Silence... Then Hunk says, "What did you two fight about?"

"Honestly...? I don't really know."

"Not helping."

"Sorry, I just need to fix this."

"Well then hang up and fix this problem."

"That's the thing, I don't know how!"

Hunk groans, "Look, buddy. I wasn't there so I don't know how to help you."

"Hunk, please... I'll do anything. I hate seeing him this upset."

Hunk sighs, "I just got to Pidge's apartment. She knows Keith better than me so I'll talk to her about this. But this better not happen again."

"It won't! I swear! Oh, yeah, if this goes well you can be my best man at the wedding!"

"Wait what?!" 

"You gotta talk to Pidge! So I'll talk to you later!"

"Lance don't you dare ha-"

Click

Lance throws his phone aside and stares up at the ceiling. Did he really just imply a wedding is going to happen?! Lance can't even decide how he feels about Keith! Why did he just...? Does he actually like Keith...?

Lance sits up and looks at the door, debating whether or not to go downstairs and talk to Keith. Ultimately he decides to wait until he either gets a call from Hunk with some advice or for Keith to come up here. It seems the call from Hunk is what the universe wants.

"LANCE! WHAT DID YOU DO?!" Pidge shouts.

"Made Keith cry."

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?!"

"That I've been acting this whole time."

"Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnncccccccccccccccccccccccceeeeeeeeeeeeeee. You IDIOT!"

"Look, I'm sorry"

"Go say that to Keith."

"He doesn't even want me near him. I can't even say I'm sorry without him saying that I'm lying."

Pidge lets out a growl, "If you don't fix this, I will personally ship you back to America but in a TINY ASS CRATE! NOW GO FIX THIS!"

Lance sighs, "Okay okay.." He hangs up throws his phone aside. Getting up, Lance trudges downstairs. He sees Keith is still on the couch crying. Biting back fear, Lance walks over to the couch and sits next to Keith. The awkward silence is soon broken by Lance, "I know you don't want to talk right now but I-"

"Leave me alone... Please"

"Keith, I can't. I hate seeing you this upset. I'm sorry for being a jerk. I'm just really stressed out and I know you are too... And I didn't mean anything. I swear I-"

"Please, just... Shut up..."

Lance isn't getting anywhere and he knows that. He looks down and sighs, "What would make you believe me?"

Keith looks up at him, "If you actually love me you'd already know. But I guess this is one-sided love..."

Lance reaches out and wipes away Keith's tears, "Don't say that."

Keith simply glares and pushes him away. At this point, Lance is annoyed that he's getting nowhere and decides that it's now or never... He pushes Keith back and kisses him, ignoring Keith's hands pushing at his chest. He pulls away after a few seconds, "Keith, I'm sorry for saying I've just been acting. Whether you believe me or not, I love you. I-"

Keith grabs ahold of Lance's shirt and pulls him back in, shutting him up with another kiss. He wants more, but what if Lance doesn't? Keith pulls away apologizing, "Sorry..."

 "For what...?" Lance asks, generally curious.

"For forcing myself on you again..."

"I don't mind... As long as you're happy I am too."

Keith smiles weakly but the smile quickly turns into a frown, "How can I trust a word you're saying right now?" He looks away from Lance, "How do I know you aren't like him?"

Lance tells Keith the truth, "That's the problem... You probably won't know if you can trust me or not for a while. But that's up to you."

The two fall back into silence for a few minutes. Keith looks back at Lance, "I want to trust you. I really do.."

"It's fine if you don't," Lance says, "I broke your trust and your heart."

"Instead of being called 'Loverboy Lance' you should be called 'Heartbreaker Lance'..." Keith smiles lightly at his sad joke.

Lance gives Keith a playful glare, "Haha... Very funny." He looks Keith up and down and then the thought hits him like a truck, 'I'm in love...?'. Shaking away the thought, Lance continues, "I'm sorry for that. Breaking your heart I mean..."

Keith looks down, "I'm used to it."

Lance caresses Keith's cheek, capturing his attention, "You should never be used to something like that."

Keith leans into Lance's touch, clearly touch starved. He places his hand on top of Lance's and closes his eyes. Lance rubs his thumb underneath Keith's bloodshot eye, drying the tears and smiles to himself. Lance's mental filter doesn't kick in though, "God... You're beautiful."

Keith's eyes open quickly and his cheeks turn red. They make eye contact for a split second before each of the men look away quickly. Lance pulls his hand away and moves a few inches away from Keith, "Did I say that out loud?"

Keith nods shyly, "Yeah..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I've been working on this off and on all day. It's not the best but it's something."  ~ Author