Chapter 35

Lately, my Wattpad has been glitching out... A LOT. I posted the last chapter weeks ago and then it unpublished itself. And on top of that, the chapters have been getting moved around??? I also already wrote half of this chapter and guess what? It was magically gone today when I logged in. I don't know if this is just a 'glitch' or if it's someone messing with me.

On the bright side, I was offered a chance to enter into the Wattys and we all know what this binch did. I heckin entered. May have been a bad idea, but we'll just blame the hyped-up music I was listening to for giving me confidence. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Though it's dark and a foreign environment, Keith was gone. He vanished from the party and decided he was just gonna walk around in the Hollywood Hills until either A. Someone or something murders him, B. He gets a ride back to Lance's home, C. Someone picks him up and he ends up blackout drunk at a club. 
Though, none of those happen. Instead, he's just left in the darkened streets. Maybe someone will call the cops or he'll set a security alarm off and the cops will pick him up? Either way, he was just walking aimlessly. Keith wishes he snagged some booze before dipping so he wouldn't have to remember this, but nope, he was too mad at Lance. 
It's like Lance is the center of all of Keith's problems currently. Maybe it's just dating that's the problem. Maybe the Korean is met to be single. 

Some cars pass him as Keith unlocks his phone. He stares at his phone for a moment before opening Spotify and turning the volume on. Music should keep his mind from going off into some distant depression. 

He walks like he's on a tightrope and follows the white line that lines the edge of the road, inching closer every so often to the lane where traffic usually is before swaying back onto the line. Maybe he'll get lucky and score a hot model or something? Maybe he'll finally be hit? Whatever that doesn't matter. Keith looks at his phone. Seeing his dumb boyfriend asleep on the lock screen sends a wave of pain into his heart for a moment before he shoves the feeling away.

Besides the growing headache from the allergens floating in the air along with weird aromas floating out from cracked windows of houses, Keith doesn't really feel much. Not the slightly cold wind that pushes his hair out of his face, nor the light drizzle that began not too long ago. No, he won't notice until he checks the time on his phone and sees the drops of precipitation on the screen.

Looking up into the dimly light hazy sky, Keith almost welcomes the storm. He lets out an airy sigh and looks around. He's far from the parties and get togethers. The sound of thumping music doesn't ring in his head. No, it's just the light thunder. His own music doesn't even register in his mind.

Looking down at the pavement, Keith realizes that clearing his mind by walking out on Lance wasn't the best idea. Maybe they should've just gone home. Maybe he wouldn't be lost physically and mentally.

The sound of a horn snaps him out of his thoughts. He turns and is practically blinded by LED headlights and flashing red and blue lights from a cop car. He hears a door open and close as he shields his eyes.

"You know what time it is sir?" The cop asks, strolling up the Keith.

Keith turns his phone on to see, "About 1:30 in the morning?"

"May I ask what you're doing at 1:30 in the morning?"

"Walking around to clear my head..."

"Of what?"

"A fight"

"What kind of fight, son?"

Keith looks up at the officer, "Verbal. My boyfriend and I had a disagreement, at his friend's party..."