4.

-A week later- 

     So this boy and I have gotten super close and I'm concerned cause whenever I bring it up to my mom she just smiles and says "you'll thank me later". And a few days after I brought it up to her again, she left a note on my bed that said "Lydia, you may be upset with me and your father never being around as parents, but this pen pal assignment will make up my apologies. You'll see what I mean soon. Xoxo, mama and papa" and ever since, I've been concerned to death. I'd sit in school and tap my pencil against my chin, wondering what she meant and why Miss. Lee always smiled at me when I brought up how I was gonna make sure pictures are included. I get to meet Palaye  Royale sooner than I thought. With that being said, the project is due in three weeks... I really need these pictures with whoever this person is.

I sent a text to "R" but he also said his last name starts with an L. So now his contact name is just "R.L."

I take quick guesses of what his name could be... Richard Linn... Robby Lueders.... Ricardo Lipski... Remington Leith... But then i go to remember Remington's famous and he doesn't have time to be pen pals with some girl..

L- Lydia
Unknown- R.L.

L- hey! Was just thinking about you. I forgot to ask if you were going to Palaye Royale's concert. It's on the 28th. Maybe we could meet up there???

Unknown- it's funny you say that. Cause I will be there. We'll meet up somewhere more privately... ;) see ya then??

L- Yeah sure!!! We can sing to Remingtons vocals together !!!

Unknown- yup.

L- well, gotta go, my family is here for the weekend finally. I'm surprised they actually get a break. So I'll spend time with my mom and dad whenever I can, I'll text you later. 💙

Unknown- alright. Bye cupcake 😏🌸

L- bye bb. ❤️❤️

I smiled as I clicked off my phone. Was I really falling for someone other than Remington??? What's going on??? I sat back and thought. Then I realized my parents were here. Finally about time.

I headed down stairs and gave them both a hug and we talked about my pen pal and what we knew about each other. As I talked, my mom smiled and nodded, and my father would look at my mom and theyd both smile. But when they noticed i seen, they stopped and pretended I didn't. I hope my mom isn't pregnant.

"He seems like a nice guy, does he have a girlfriend?" My mom asked.

"I'm not sure, i haven't asked, but there's been times when he'd compliment me in ways where you'd think he doesn't have a girlfriend " i said, thinking of the times he'd call me sweet names.

"That's wonderful, Hun." My mom said as she smiled.

"Your mother and I are gonna go out to eat and talk about things, we've had a surprise hidden for you, but you'll find out what it is soon, do you mind if you stay here?" My dad asked

"Not a problem dad, just bring back something for me." I nodded.

"Deal" they both replied as we hugged.

They gathered their coats and got the keys and left the house.

Ah, they just had to make me wonder... I'll have to wait and see.