Chapter 13

Sam's POV *1 week later*

"Hey Felix! Brooke! Want to go out for fro-yo?" I asked.

"Ya sure! Babe you up for it?" Felix asked Brooke.

"Sure!" she said.

-----------skip le car ride------------

"Hey Brooke?" Luke said. I guess we are doing this now.

"Yeah Luke?" she said.

"We never really thanked you for saving us from that fart, Codi." Luke said, as I nodded along.

"Oh, it's no problem. after she took Felix, I knew there was no stopping us from saving you." she explained.

"SAM!" I heard a young boy say.

I looked around only to see a little boy around 8-9 years old running up to me with a look of panic mixed with relief.

Once he reached me he hugged me and saying 'where is she?'

"Where is who?" I asked.

"Codi? your best friend? the whose house you basically live at?" he said.

"Codi and I are not friends and we never were! She kidnapped us and fled the country!" I said.

"No she didn't. Mommy didn't wake up and daddy left to find her. Codi is missing. Please help me! the people who adopted me are Mean. The abuse me" he said. He looked behind him and gasped as he saw an older man who was trying to hide his drunken state.

He hugged me again and said "please don't let him take me. I don't want to go to mommy and daddy yet." he said. I looked over to see the man approching us with confidence.

"C'mon Jaden!" He saidn as he grabbed his arm and harshly began oulling him out the door.

"WAIT!" I shouted.

"What?!?!?!?" he said.

Umm excuse me... its sassy time.

"Welll... one! His name is Jordan. and 2 are you abusing him?!?!?!?" I sassed.

Then he did the unexpected... 

Codi's POV

"Codi! You are 18 now. You must leave here now. Get your belongings and go out the door." Laura said as she gave me a shove towards the stairs.

--------------------------le time skip to the Codster packing in le room--------------------

"C-Codi?" I heard, a voice squeak from behind me.

I slowly turned to see the boy who I have grown so close to over the past week.

The boy who made us play a game to create nicknames.

The one I call JJ

The one who calls me didi

The boy who  I cuddled with as the nightmares haunted his dreams.

The boy who wouldn't even let me leave him alone to use the bathroom or shower.

The boy who cries when he realized his parents are gone.

The boy who runs into my room in the morning to say that the jerks stole his small amount of food again.

The boy who I have come to love as if he were a brother, or a son.......

"Yes, JJ?" I said 

"Are you really leaving?" he asked sounding scared.

"I have know choice. But you do remember my promise to you right?" I said.