Chapter 45

Elena's P.O.V

I looked at myself in the mirror, my hands rested on the sink just seeing this ugly mess in front of me which was me.

Yenny can't go from me, she is such a nice person she can't go she'll be alright.

Fuck, I'm a doctor and I can't believe she'll be alright.

A knock came from the door. "The guys have arrived."Ari said behind the bathroom door.

I wiped the incoming tears which streamed down my face. "Y-Yeah I'm coming."

I heard her walking away from the bathroom, I threw water on my face and dried it with the towel provided there.

I looked at myself, I looked okay I was wearing my normal clothes due me not being on shift anymore.

I turned around and turned the handle then I walked out of the employees bathroom.

They probably were by Yenny's room,I walked down her room to see Ari, Jonathan and Chris talking in her room with Erick, Zabdiel and Joel stood in the room.

I looked at them through the glass then turned around and walked to the nurses station.

I looked at Alice. "Any news on Yenny yet?"

"Dr Meledez just walked out of surgery just now."Alice said as she looked at me."He went into the locker room."

"Thank you."

I walked over to the locker room and closed the door behind me. "Dr Meledez?"I called out.

"I'm here."He responded as he put his hand in the air.

I saw him and walked over to him, he was in his light blue scrubs and he looked at me. "How can I help you El?"

"H-How's Yenny now?"I asked with a stutter."Is she okay?"

He looked at me and let out a little sigh. "Yatra, you know why I didn't let you go in surgery with us, but she isn't doing good."He replied with another sigh."And I know you went beyond her wishes contacting her family but it's good that you did they need to be here for the last stages."

I looked at him."I know her kids, they are my friends really good friends."

Dr Meledez hand rubbed my arm and looked at me."Well then me and you can break the news together?"

"I-I don't k-know and I wasn't present at s-surgery either."

"It doesn't matter."He lifted my chin with his finger. "I know you are very close with her she would want you to come with me and tell them."

"O-Okay then."

"Let's go then."

We walked out of the locker room, my hands sweats of pool nervous as ever. We walked down to her room and Dr Meledez opened the door.

He indicated for me to go first and I did then he walked in behind me.

Chris looked up and saw me. "El?"He whispered as he kept his gaze on me.

"Fuck, that's Elena!"Erick said with a massive smile on his face."Missed you."

Zabdiel gave him a little nudge to shut up and he looked at me with a smile on his face.

Dr Meledez stood by me. Jonathan looked at us both. "What's happening now?"

"Your mother, I'm afraid she isn't doing well."Dr Meledez explained as he looked at three of them."She hasn't got much time left it isn't in matters of months or days, it's matters of hours. We tried our best to change that but what she's got, it's not fixable and I'm terribly sorry."

Ari looked at me. "T-Tell me he's lying please."She pleaded as she looked at me.

"I wish I could."I said as my eyes brimmed with tears.

Chris looked at Dr Meledez."Where is she now?"

"They'll be bringing her up."Dr Meledez said as he looked at him with a nod.

Chris looked at me. "El?"He whispered again as he looked at me.

I didn't care at this point, I walked over to him and we hugged. He sobbed on my shoulder. "Why didn't she tell us sooner?"He rambled on.

"I'm going to leave."Dr Meledez said as he walked to the door. "I'll leave you with Dr Yatra."Then he left.

"Thanks for fucking nothing."Jonathan said as he rolled his eyes at him.

Joel wrapped his arms around Ari into a hug and comforted her.

Zabdiel and Erick were trying their best to calm down Jonathan who was angry making threats towards Dr Meledez.

He wasn't the first nor the last for that.

Chris pulled away the hug with tears brimming in his eyes. "Did you look after her when she was in here?"

"Yeah I did."I replied with a sigh."We used to eat lunch together and I used to sit with her when it was her treatment time. "

He looked at me and gave me a weak smile."I'm glad it was you no one else."

"That doctor never said what was wrong with her though."Erick pointed out.

"True."Joel said as he looked at me."What is wrong with her though?"

Zabdiel looked down at the floor like he knew already.

Chris looked at him. "You know what is wrong with her?"

Zabdiel looked up, his eyes were puffy and red."She begged me not to tell you and Jonathan anything."Zabdiel said as he looked at them."She made me promise and she didn't want to burden you guys with it but she did say that she would tell you when the time is right."

"Even you could sense something was wrong with her."Jonathan said in a whisper. "Her own children couldn't."

Zabdiel rested his hand on his shoulder."It wasn't like that."

Chris looked at him tears streaming down his face."When did you know?"

"When she first went and got tested."Zabdiel explained as he looked at him."It was little over a year ago and I saw her then I forced her to tell me and she did then she begged me not to tell any of youse."He let out a sigh. "I'm so sorry."

"I-it's fine."Ari said as she choked on her words.

-

Chris walked back in from the room and looked at me. "El, she wants to see you."l

I looked at him."Are you sure?"

"Go in."Zabdiel said with weak smile on his face.

I nodded and walked into the room, to see her on the bed she looked at me. "El?"

"Yeah."

I walked over to the chair next to her and sat down. She looked at me. "I'm so sorry about the meeting thing."She said as she reached for my hand.

I placed my hand on top of hers. "F-Forget it."I said as my eyes brimmed with tears."It isn't important as you are."

"Zabdiel is a great one, he truly is and I know I put you and him in a difficult position but thank you."She said with a smile."It means a lot."She looked at me seriously. "You are strong and brave don't forget that."

"I won't."

Chris walked in with Richard and Zabdiel, she looked at them as she squeezed my hand tight. "Make sure you look after these, all of them."

"I will."

A few mintues later as we all started to talk, Yenny stopped and so did her hear rate.