Chapter 50

Few hours later..

"She's gone."Zara muttered to herself as her back leaned aganist the wall her knees brought up to her chest."She's gone."

I couldn't bring myself to say anything, I just looked down at my hands which were pools of sweat.

"We could of done something."Adeline whispered as she looked at Ari."We could of."

"Like what?"Joel asked as he looked at Adeline."You didn't know this was going to happen so don't blame yourself."

"But we knew she was dying."Ari blurted out as tears streamed down her face.

"What do you mean?"Chris asked as he looked at Ari."How did you know she was dying?"

Ari looked at her brother, her eyes so steamy and puffy."She had cancer."

Erick looked at Ari with wide eyes."And this occurred to you to tell us now?"

"We didn't even know at first either."Zara said with a sigh."She didn't tell us, I found out from a letter of hers."

Erick turned to Zara."You still could of told us, we are her friends too."

"Can we not start this off right now?"I asked as lump formed on my throat."It isn't the time for any of it."

"El is right."Joel said with a nod indicating to Erick to shut up."We don't do this here."

Chris looked at me."Can you check where the other two are there or not?"

"Yeah I will."

Then I got up and walked away from the morgue waiting room, I walked down to the last door and looked through the window with the door a little wide open to see Zabdiel hugging Richard as he looked at River.

"It'll be fine."Zabdiel assured him as he patted his back."She's in a better place."

"I want her with me."Richard said as more tears streamed down his face."It isn't fair that I lost her."

"She isn't suffering anymore is she?"Zabdiel said as he pulled away from the hug."She's at peace."

Richard looked at Zabdiel."I know it's selfish but I want her here with me."

"I understand that Hermano."

"Why does it always have to happen to me?"Richard asked as more tears streamed down his face."The people I love and closet to always somehow leave."

Zabdiel wiped his tears away with his thumbs and gave him another hug."Youve got me and I will never ever leave you and you've got the guys who will never leave you either."

"Thank you Zabdiel."

Richard pulled away from the hug and looked at Zabdiel."Can I have another moment alone with her please?"

Zabdiel nodded and gave him a pat on his shoulder."I'll just be waiting outside."

Richard nodded then Zabdiel walked out of the room to see me stood there.

He looked at me."El?"

I turned to him with tears streamed down my face ever so heavily. "C-Can't lose h-her."

He let out a sigh, he walked over to me and engulfed me into his hugs which made me feel ever so loved.

"Amor, I know how it feels."He whispered as he kissed my head.

I looked up at him."L-Lost a-another person now."

He looked at me, his thumb slowly stroked my jaw."Amor, I know but I promise you that you won't lose anyone else."